I just recieved an ipadmini new for birthday, I am able to txt to everyone except those on the same server as I am. Please help.
    08-19-2014 01:40 PM
    Work or school server? Maybe it's a firewall or other kind of network traffic issue? Talk to your LAN or Data Admin,or IT person they should be able to help you troubleshoot it. If it's an office they might not allow IMing within the network, but externally the firewall just sees packets of data not IM traffic so it lets the IMs out so that is why you can IM external people. USUALLY it works the other way around, but it can work this way too, for example, my office does not allow internal IM traffic either.

EDIT: I'm an IT person so that is why I know a little bit about this.
    08-19-2014 01:50 PM
    I am retired and don't work in an office. My IPhone works fine to all contacts.
    08-19-2014 02:45 PM
    The iPad can only send messages to people on iOS. If they are using anything else it won't work. Obviously the iPhone does not have that limitation which is why it works fine. I believe iOS8 is going to change that and will allow iPad's to message any device, not just other iOS devices.
    taz323 likes this.
    08-19-2014 03:19 PM
    Doesn't sound right to me. My wife has an IOS iphone3 and hers is the one that I can't send a txt to, same ATT and same place for the email.
    08-19-2014 05:05 PM
    Is her iPhone running ios5 or later? That's the requirements for iMessage.

Sent from my Death Note powered by iOS
    08-19-2014 05:09 PM
    Is her iPhone running ios5 or later? That's the requirements for iMessage.

I'm pretty sure an iPhone 3 doesn't support iOS 5 and therefore doesn't have iMessage leaving only sms. And an iPad can't send SMS.
    08-19-2014 05:17 PM
    No it is 4.
    08-19-2014 06:19 PM
    I'm pretty sure an iPhone 3 doesn't support iOS 5 and therefore doesn't have iMessage leaving only sms. And an iPad can't send SMS.
    Yeah that's what I figured. But considering how apple is I would not have been surprised if the iPhone 3 supported iOS 5.

Bernie Seal likes this.
    08-19-2014 06:26 PM
    I'm sorry you confused me when you said server. I think you meant to say provider, or carrier, such a Verizion or AT&T. A server is a larger computer that controls the internet or network for a school or office (or home).
    08-19-2014 10:16 PM