Hi,
    This is my first post here. Just got an ipad mini from ebay which had been jailbroken already. When I connect it to my PC (Thinkpad T61) I get this message: "The device My iPad is locked. Enter the passcode on the device and click Try again." On the ipad I just see a response box that allows for 2 choices: "Trust or Don't Trust" - no place to enter my passcode. I then turned my password off on the mini and tried the USB hookup again. Still getting the password requirement msg on the PC with no place to enter it on the ipad. Anyone able to help me please?
    Thanks!!!
    06-03-2014 06:46 AM
    Are you actually able to use the device, i.e., surf the web, check email, send iMessages & SMS messages, play games, etcetera?
    06-03-2014 11:06 AM
    Maybe you should erase all setting from the iPad? Maybe this will help

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    06-03-2014 11:09 AM
    Are you actually able to use the device, i.e., surf the web, check email, send iMessages & SMS messages, play games, etcetera?
    Yes, surfing web, checking email, etc. are all fine.
    06-03-2014 04:30 PM
    Maybe you should erase all setting from the iPad? Maybe this will help

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    I'm timid about erasing things as this is a jailbroken ipad that I got on ebay. I do feel that I should establish myself as the "new" owner somehow, but am afraid to do anything that will screw up my jailbroken state. Anyone know how I can safely take possession of this unit without messing up my JB?
    06-03-2014 04:33 PM
    I'm timid about erasing things as this is a jailbroken ipad that I got on ebay. I do feel that I should establish myself as the "new" owner somehow, but am afraid to do anything that will screw up my jailbroken state. Anyone know how I can safely take possession of this unit without messing up my JB?
    Unfortunately, syncing this iPad in iTunes to set up your account, it would disable the jailbreak and update to the latest firmware, which is currently not available to jailbreak. Is it important for it to be jailbroken?

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    06-04-2014 06:45 AM
    AlexJ92 is right. How important is the JB. iOS continues to get better with great features. iOS 8 will be here soon with some cool new stuff. I would think your ID would trump a JB.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    06-04-2014 08:32 AM
    AlexJ92 is right. How important is the JB. iOS continues to get better with great features. iOS 8 will be here soon with some cool new stuff. I would think your ID would trump a JB.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    I agree and who sells a device without wiping it first

I hope the OP didn't pay extra because it was JBing
    06-04-2014 09:10 AM
    I agree and who sells a device without wiping it first

I hope the OP didn't pay extra because it was JBing
    Wouldn't the last owners data be still on the iPad? Which could be dangerous

Sent from my iPhone 5S
    kataran likes this.
    06-04-2014 09:11 AM