Best way to erase everything on iPad mini?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am selling my iPad mini so I was wondering whats the best way to wipe it so my iTunes account my apps and safari settings reset

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Logout of EVERYTHING, including the Find My iPad option.
2. Transfer all of your files & photos onto a computer or cloud storage service.
3. Transfer any videos and music that you did not purchase via iTunes to a computer or cloud storage service.
4. If your calendar, reminders, notes and contacts ARE NOT associated with an email service, transfer them over to a computer or cloud storage service.
5. Either do what was instructed above by iED or put the device in DFU mode and restore it via iTunes but stop when it boots to the "welcome" screen.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
So I have backed up my iPad mini and logged out of iTunes so if I do Settings>General>Reset>Erase all contents and settings. This will leave no info of mine on the device?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I have backed up my iPad mini and logged out of iTunes so if I do Settings>General>Reset>Erase all contents and settings. This will leave no info of mine on the device?

Yes that's correct. I did this on my 4S as late as being in the carrier store awaiting to finalize the purchase of my 5S. I sat there and erased all content and settings.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Logout of the Find My iPhone feature before selecting the "Erase All Contents and Settings" option.

Last edited:

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

yep this is a super way to wipe out all of things after backup ur device