What are you using your iPad Mini for?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
What are your using your iPad Mini for?

I am so impressed that I can see an Excel spreadsheet to where I can actually read it. I downloaded the Numbers App from Apple.
I know that may sound a bit silly but have you ever tried to view on on your iPhone? lol
When you are on the run somewhere and you are impatient as I am you can actually view it in an iPad Mini.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use my iPad Mini for basically the same thing I use my iPhone 5 for with the exception of making and receiving phone calls. Web surfing, forum stuff, Twitter, RSS reading, email, paying bills, etcetera. I will sometime use it in conjunction with my iPhone, especially if I'm playing a game against my son who uses the mini for watching Netflix shows and playing games.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Eli,I use it to work mostly some serious stuff, and watch youtube some movies ( i dont use my laptop anymore which is a year old it was my last year crismast gift btw)and for imore i still like to use my iphone because its easy to handle and im mostly visiting imore just before sleep in my bed:), so iphone is still my best friend:)

t3ddie

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I like it far more on a holiday then my laptop. It's small does the same exact thing as my laptop and easier to take a photo with. Ohh and of course listen to some music on the airplane. At home I use to surf on the web, play games, twitter, facebook bla bla bla and post my screenshot in the ipad mini forum ;)

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Eli,I use it to work mostly some serious stuff, and watch youtube some movies ( i dont use my laptop anymore which is a year old it was my last year crismast gift btw)and for imore i still like to use my iphone because its easy to handle and im mostly visiting imore just before sleep in my bed:), so iphone is still my best friend:)

Lol it's true. The iPhone is very easy to hold. It's interesting how we have gravitated to smaller devices when the standard sooo many times is lets go bigger lol!!!

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I like it far more on a holiday then my laptop. It's small does the same exact thing as my laptop and easier to take a photo with. Ohh and of course listen to some music on the airplane. At home I use to surf on the web, play games, twitter, facebook bla bla bla and post my screenshot in the ipad mini forum ;)

Totally agree that the portability of the mini is wonderful. Ohhhh and absolutely amazing to travel with!!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's very convenient. I use mine to stream music, play games and surf the web. It's way better than a laptop except for websites that require flash player.

Songbirdy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I use my iPad mini for streaming music, playing games, watching Netflix shows and movies, twitter, photo editing, definitely for youtube also (i'm obsessed), and for when i want to sleep with rain sounds to help me sleep :)

Summer Time Lovin <3

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Watching videos (Netflix,Amazon, YouTube, iTunes), listening to music, web browsing, checking emails, reading, shopping, communicating with friends and family (iMessage), playing games.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Primarily - Write and read. I'm a tech blogger and a rookie novelist. I also read a lot of books on it.

Secondarily - music and surfing. Love to listen to NOISIA during the day or Lana at night while surfing the net.

Thirdly - camera and assorted stuff. Sometimes chat with friends on iMessage or FaceTime.

Overall, I use 100% as I had planned... :)

Coded from iCeborg's iDevice.

anon(8221395)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Primarily - Write and read. I'm a tech blogger and a rookie novelist. I also read a lot of books on it.

Secondarily - music and surfing. Love to listen to NOISIA during the day or Lana at night while surfing the net.

Thirdly - camera and assorted stuff. Sometimes chat with friends on iMessage or FaceTime.

Overall, I use 100% as I had planned... :)

Do you use a physical keyboard when you write? If so, which one? I ask because you said your primary use for your mini is writing.

iCeborg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you use a physical keyboard when you write? If so, which one? I ask because you said your primary use for your mini is writing.

Hey man..no I write on the go..it fits perfectly in the hand and I can type as much as I can without hands getting tired...hope that helps!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When I’m not using it for email, surfing and gaming, I keep it in the kitchen under the short leg on the table. Now the table doesn’t wobble any more.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am a reader, because I'm a writer, and my iPad Mini is my refuge for e-book escape, plus I watch WWE reruns on that thing.

I buy a fair bit of iBooks and this is also the only device I can read it with besides my Macbook Pro, which I never use as a reader but a production machine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I use mine to read PDFs and eBooks for school, and/or annotate notes. Occasionally I'll do an assignment on there (if it's not long and it's required to be typed. I use iBooks a lot. I also use it for Netflix, iTunes, Pandora/Spotify, and YouTube.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely beginning to gain confidence in leaving my laptop home on vacations.

That's a great idea impaler. It's hard to break away from old habits but unless you have a major project to do an iPad mini will function quite nicely for everyday vacation functions. You can keep up easily with your emails, look up locations and shop while relaxing under a cabana!

Sent from my iPad mini using the iMore Forum App❤️

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
At work, I use mine for meeting and class notes, student grades on an excel spreadsheet, and have my text as a PDF file in iBooks. Off work, I use it for games, reading the news, watching videos and collecting ideas for future things I want to do. In reality, I am challenging myself to see how much I can really accomplish without opening my laptop.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
That's a great idea impaler. It's hard to break away from old habits but unless you have a major project to do an iPad mini will function quite nicely for everyday vacation functions. You can keep up easily with your emails, look up locations and shop while relaxing under a cabana!

True. Last two big vacations, I've left my DSLR Canon camera at home, and used only my iPhone (first my 4S, then my 5s on this last trip). I'm convinced I don't need that bulky camera any more - the camera is just that good.

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Use it for class notes and web surfing.
Been tempted though to sell it and settle for a used MacBook Air off craigslist or find a good Windows laptop at my Best Buy. More power, storage, etc. not sure though.
The indecisiveness is destroying me from the inside! 😥😓

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234