View Poll Results: If you could only have 1? iPad or Mini?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full Sized iPad

4 25.00%
  • iPad Mini

12 75.00%
  • Can't Decide Must Have Both!

0 0%
    If you could only buy one... would you pick up the iPad Mini or regular iPad? Size, cost, display (retina!) specs... all key factors in making that decision... sound off!
    djstarion likes this.
    10-19-2013 11:53 AM
    Larger one. Better for reading. And I've used both because my kids have the minis.
    10-19-2013 12:02 PM
    I've had both a full size iPad and the iPad Mini and there are pros and cons to both. However, in my situation, the iPad Mini is more beneficial because I have the same abilities as with the full size version without the size and weight. I carry it with me far more times than I did the iPad 2 that I had. As for its lack of a retina display, I'm good with it. Retina displays are great and all, but not having one has not diminished my capabilities or hindered my web browsing and reading experience.
    10-19-2013 12:03 PM
    Mine goes to work every day with me so I need the light weight. I have a LTE mini.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-19-2013 12:38 PM
    I've had both. Want to know something funny? When I had a full sized iPad along with my Playbook, I used the PB much more but now that I have the mini the PB is neglected! I guess size DOES matter.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-19-2013 01:11 PM
    I have only had the iPad 3 but my next purchase will probably be a mini. I'm thinking that I would carry the smaller iPad with me more. We will see what is announced on the 22nd. As of today though if I had pick one to buy it would probably be the mini.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-19-2013 06:27 PM
    I'm thinking of getting a mini, but if it's not retina I'm out. If it is and not A7 powered I'm also out.
    10-19-2013 07:38 PM
    I need something ultra portable for a tablet, went Mini and never looked back. I can't stop using my iPad. It's my one stop shop for everything reading and video...
    10-19-2013 08:20 PM
    I had the iPad 2 and traded it in for a Mini and have not looked back. I am looking forward to upgrading to the iPad Mini 2. Of course, if the new iPad gets all the bells and the whistles the iPhone 5S got and the Mini does not that will give me something to think about.
    10-19-2013 08:39 PM
    The mini without question. I do wish it had retina and fingers crossed new one will. But it's so much lighter. I have the 3rd gen and the mini and always choose the mini
    10-19-2013 08:42 PM
    10-19-2013 10:30 PM
    Plus it's definitely easier to type with two hands on the IPad Mini than the average iPad...
    Lightingguy55 likes this.
    10-19-2013 11:07 PM
    The mini. I have recently been looking at upgrading my playbook to a mini and am curious on how cheap the current minis will go for after the announcement for the new ones.

I would bring it to work with me in my ban and a ten inch tablet is just too darn big to be tossing around in my work truck.

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    10-19-2013 11:19 PM
    I chose the mini. Coming from a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, I want something similar to that size because it was lightweight and I could read and browse in bed or wherever.

Not having a retina display for some reason isn't as much of a necessity on my iPad to me as it is on my iPhone .
    10-20-2013 10:00 AM
    At this point, I don't think the Mini runs iOS 7 that great. Perhaps this will change next week when new hardware is announced and sluggish performance isn't a problem with the Mini nor a factor when answering this thread's question.
    10-20-2013 11:00 AM
    I traded my mini for an iPad 2 a while ago. I loved the small form factor, but I use my iPad primarily for sheet music and web browsing, with a dash of iMovie, and the bigger screen works better in that regard.
    10-20-2013 11:10 AM
    At this point, I don't think the Mini runs iOS 7 that great. Perhaps this will change next week when new hardware is announced and sluggish performance isn't a problem with the Mini nor a factor when answering this thread's question.
    it's funny cos I feel like iOS7 has added much more value to my mini. It feels like a new, better device in all regards. I don't see a dramatic decline in performance either, it feels on a par with iOS6 in that department.

anyway: as for the question... not much of a surprise when I say Mini all the way.
    10-20-2013 10:53 PM
    Mini definitely I'm not a very big person so the mini works perfectly for me

Summer Time Lovin <3
    10-21-2013 12:44 AM
    Mine goes to work every day with me so I need the light weight. I have a LTE mini.
    Same Here... Lethe iPad Is Too Big For Me To Carry Around @ Work...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...
    10-21-2013 02:02 AM
    i would like to ipad mini is perfect pad-tablet device whenever use or travelling. too light weight ... and ipad is an really perfect replacement for laptop is heavy weight to carry on travel
    10-21-2013 02:42 AM
    I added an actual poll to the thread.
    10-21-2013 10:10 AM
    Full size for me. I had the mini and returned it. I loved the form factor but prefer the larger screen real estate of the iPad which is my default laptop that I take everywhere with me. The new purported form factor will make it that much better for me IMO.
    10-21-2013 10:27 AM
    Definitely mini. I've owned the original iPad and the 3rd gen. My iPad replaced my 15" MacBook Pro while in college. As the iPad was much easier to carry around. When the mini came out I had no interest in it seeing as how I'd had my 3rd gen iPad for less than a year.

I got my mom an iPad mini for Christmas and really liked the size and weight. By then I was done with college and due to the size and weight on my iPad I found that I wasn't really using it. My mom ended up buying me a mini too.

Now I use my iPad daily. Sometimes I miss the screen size of the bigger iPad but ultimately the mini feels better in my hands.

Another important factor is the purse. When I got the original iPad I had to hunt and search for an everyday purse that I liked that would fit it and all my stuff. That's a non issue with the mini.
    10-21-2013 07:19 PM
    Definitely mini. I've owned the original iPad and the 3rd gen. My iPad replaced my 15" MacBook Pro while in college. As the iPad was much easier to carry around. When the mini came out I had no interest in it seeing as how I'd had my 3rd gen iPad for less than a year.

I got my mom an iPad mini for Christmas and really liked the size and weight. By then I was done with college and due to the size and weight on my iPad I found that I wasn't really using it. My mom ended up buying me a mini too.

Now I use my iPad daily. Sometimes I miss the screen size of the bigger iPad but ultimately the mini feels better in my hands.

Another important factor is the purse. When I got the original iPad I had to hunt and search for an everyday purse that I liked that would fit it and all my stuff. That's a non issue with the mini.
    Yea I don't worry about putting mine in my purse so much. HOWEVER I do prefer the smaller size. My mini fits in many of my pants pockets.
    10-23-2013 12:09 PM
    I prefer the Mini. I've had an iPhone for 3 years and had the iPad first generation for 1 1/2 years. I just traded my iPad in for the new mini, mostly because mine was out of date, slow and kept crashing on me. I went with the iPad mini because it is smaller and more convenient and I use it more than my phone.
    10-31-2013 12:35 PM
34 12