iPad Mini or regular iPad? Which would you choose?

If you could only have 1? iPad or Mini?

• Full Sized iPad

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • iPad Mini

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Can't Decide Must Have Both!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Full size for me. I had the mini and returned it. I loved the form factor but prefer the larger screen real estate of the iPad which is my default laptop that I take everywhere with me. The new purported form factor will make it that much better for me IMO.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Definitely mini. I've owned the original iPad and the 3rd gen. My iPad replaced my 15" MacBook Pro while in college. As the iPad was much easier to carry around. When the mini came out I had no interest in it seeing as how I'd had my 3rd gen iPad for less than a year.

I got my mom an iPad mini for Christmas and really liked the size and weight. By then I was done with college and due to the size and weight on my iPad I found that I wasn't really using it. My mom ended up buying me a mini too.

Now I use my iPad daily. Sometimes I miss the screen size of the bigger iPad but ultimately the mini feels better in my hands.

Another important factor is the purse. When I got the original iPad I had to hunt and search for an everyday purse that I liked that would fit it and all my stuff. That's a non issue with the mini.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Definitely mini. I've owned the original iPad and the 3rd gen. My iPad replaced my 15" MacBook Pro while in college. As the iPad was much easier to carry around. When the mini came out I had no interest in it seeing as how I'd had my 3rd gen iPad for less than a year.

I got my mom an iPad mini for Christmas and really liked the size and weight. By then I was done with college and due to the size and weight on my iPad I found that I wasn't really using it. My mom ended up buying me a mini too.

Now I use my iPad daily. Sometimes I miss the screen size of the bigger iPad but ultimately the mini feels better in my hands.

Another important factor is the purse. When I got the original iPad I had to hunt and search for an everyday purse that I liked that would fit it and all my stuff. That's a non issue with the mini.

Yea I don't worry about putting mine in my purse so much. ;) HOWEVER I do prefer the smaller size. My mini fits in many of my pants pockets. :)

MiniB84

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the Mini. I've had an iPhone for 3 years and had the iPad first generation for 1 1/2 years. I just traded my iPad in for the new mini, mostly because mine was out of date, slow and kept crashing on me. I went with the iPad mini because it is smaller and more convenient and I use it more than my phone.

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It's about equal distance in size between my 15" laptop and my iPhone 4S. The larger iPad is just too bulky, IMO.

I've used a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus for 2 years and found the 7" size perfect as a reader, no real surprise as that's what Nook and Kindle figured out as well.

The on-screen keyboard on the Mini is easier to type using 2 thumbs, as I've discovered, with the stock Mini keyboard being far less prone to typo's then any I tried in an Android OS. Thus the Mini is a much more pleasant unit to use.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I went with the AT&T White 64GB iPad Air. The size and weight are perfect for me and I love the larger screen size compared to that of my old Mini.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I am so torn right now... it's bad. I love my Mini and was dead certain to get the Mini Retina, but now that an iPad Air found its way into the family I have to admit that one too is really, really tempting. It's much more portable, I can operate it with one hand and hold it with the other (my main reason to get the Mini in the first place) and the display is gorgeous. The mini2 display should be as well, but that extra screen size is enticing. Right now I have no idea what I'm gonna end up with. I'll have to wait and get hold of that mini2 in a store. D-day is close.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
In my current situation, I'd choose the mini because of it's low price compared to it's older sister/brother and the fact that it's smaller than it's larger sibling.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

tbarker2

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPad Mini Retina love the fact that I carry it almost everywhere I go. I also am a reader and feel its a perfect size for my reading needs.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Last edited:

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I am so torn right now... it's bad. I love my Mini and was dead certain to get the Mini Retina, but now that an iPad Air found its way into the family I have to admit that one too is really, really tempting. It's much more portable, I can operate it with one hand and hold it with the other (my main reason to get the Mini in the first place) and the display is gorgeous. The mini2 display should be as well, but that extra screen size is enticing. Right now I have no idea what I'm gonna end up with. I'll have to wait and get hold of that mini2 in a store. D-day is close.

What did you finally end up getting?

_-TechnologyTwitt-_
iPad Air / Space Gray / 16GB
T-Mobile * 5GB Data

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro