Updating to iOS 7 and experience

mykeykoo

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who are having lag issues with your iPads, do me a favor and test something out for me, please. Go to Settings>General and then disable "Multitasking Gestures" and see if you get a speed boost of some sort. I'm just curious.

I test it. I think it becomes more smooth. At least in the general ui experience, like opening aps, browsing... Strange really...

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
ios7 on my mini is great - no problems - except a slight one with siri - if sounds like siri is muffled! The same happened on my 4s but it cleared up after a few hours - not so on my mini - any suggestions?

Thanks

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who are having lag issues with your iPads, do me a favor and test something out for me, please. Go to Settings>General and then disable "Multitasking Gestures" and see if you get a speed boost of some sort. I'm just curious.

Have just tried this - and it made a great deal of difference. Thanks

Tina Fresco

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have heaps of problems -

My facebook app is completely buggered. I tried to log off and it stalled - tried to delete the app and reinstall - it's still buggered. Tried to just log on directly from the net - still problems

My GMail app is not acting up - everytime I try to read my gmails via the app it turns off - asks me if I want to send a report, but before I have time to push the bottom, it turns off

It's hell

don't upgrade - it's not worth it

I am praying for at new update to come out real soon and sort out my problems. I absolutely love my IPad and I use it for business all the time . But I have to use my I Phone for Facebook now - ridiculous

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I updated my iPad Mini to iOS 7 the day it came out OTA and have not had any problems at all. Very stable thus far for me.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Running iOS 7 on my Mini... It's kinda slow... Could be the thing that makes me pull the trigger on the Mini Retina

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I had this Mini like 2 days before upgrading to 7 (new tablet as of last week) no issues all around. I have 7 on my 4S with no issues either.

Enabling/disabling multi-tasking gestures has no effect on speed as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong - it's really not that bad. I think if you used your Mini more with iOS 6 and then switched to iOS 7 you'd notice the tiny bit of lag on 7 more.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have experienced a mild to moderate lag, especially when compared to my iPhone 5, which is as snappy as ever with iOS 7. But, the Mini's lag is still better than the lag on my wife's iOS 7 updated 4S.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have now updated my iPad mini to 7.0.4 and everything runs perfectly. Still hoping Apple will remove the opaque bottom dock and make it transparent.

Neil Espinili

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Immediately updated my iPad mini 1st gen to iOS 7 and it really works pretty fine except from I've been experiencing some lags when on multi-tasking and closing apps and turing my ipad on landscape to portrait and vise versa. It just not move smoothly anymore. I hope Apple will fix this in the upcoming iOS updates.