iPad Mini Screen Home Button Use

Gunni

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
After launching and starting to listen to iTunes on my former iPad, five minutes later when the iPad locked, I could double click on the Home button and at the top of the screen, controls appeared for increasing/decreasing the volume, stopping the track, etc.

That feature is no longer present in my new iPad mini. With a locked IPad and, for instance, the Public Radio app running, a double click on the home button produces nothing. I have to input my password to access any of the iTunes controls.

I have combed through the Settings thinking this was something you now had to turn on but couldn?t find anything.

Has this feature simply disappeared in the latest iteration of the iOS, or have I missed the setting?

Many thanks,

Gunni

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the latest version of iOS for my Mini iPad, but as I noted, double-clicking the Home button with a locked screen produces nothing.
Is this a preference one has to choose somewhere???

Many thanks.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the latest version of iOS for my Mini iPad, but as I noted, double-clicking the Home button with a locked screen produces nothing.
Is this a preference one has to choose somewhere?

There are no settings for this. Simply press the Home button twice and swipe your finger to the right. This will show the task bar controls. If you are not seeing it after doing this I would suggest restoring your iPad or make an Appt. with Apple and have it looked at.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
iPas Mini Screen Home Button Use

Is this a preference one has to choose somewhere???

Please disregard my last post. After reading your post again I now see that you are referring to the "lock screen control bar" which sits just below the status bar.... If after pressing the Home button twice from the lock screen you do not see the control bar I would do what I said above and try to restore your iPad or take it into a Apple store for evaluation.

This is what my iPad Mini's lock screen looks like after tapping the Home button twice. I did not have to enable any settings in order to see the control bar that sits just below the status bar.

ta3yqyda.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

farside33

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I am running 6.1.3 on an iPad Mini and tested this using Slacker Radio.

1. Locked screen
2. Double tap Home button.
3. My sound control bar displayed at the top of the screen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the others have stated, mine also displays the controls properly when double-tapping the home button.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2