Would u like to have an ipad mini with a phone function ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it had the 'phone' - it wouldn't be an iPad anymore... :D

(Laughing)....'nuf said...:)....Seriously, though, I can see how some people may benefit from having phone capabilities on their iPads, however, I don't think the number of people who would actually walk around talking via their iPads, whether directly or via Bluetooth, is enough to sway Apple in that direction. Of course, I could be wrong and have no stats to back my claim

epol4ever

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
(Laughing)....'nuf said...:)....Seriously, though, I can see how some people may benefit from having phone capabilities on their iPads, however, I don't think the number of people who would actually walk around talking via their iPads, whether directly or via Bluetooth, is enough to sway Apple in that direction. Of course, I could be wrong and have no stats to back my claim

We're getting there we r seeing phablet at 6inches...what m saying is that its about time to think about it as added feature to the ipad mini...not the primary feature...:)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I knew what you meant...:)...I don't know. I remember when people made fun of those of us who were using our Blackberry 7200-series PDA phones to talk on. My, how times have changed, huh?

epol4ever

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I knew what you meant...:)...I don't know. I remember when people made fun of those of us who were using our Blackberry 7200-series PDA phones to talk on. My, how times have changed, huh?

Yup...we laughed when screen sizes got to 4inches, we once again laughed when sizes got to 5.5inches...hoping we wont be launghing n b surprised if ever phone function will get to 7.9inches...:)...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No! If I wanted a tablet with phone capabilities I would buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I don't mind having both my Mini and iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly...IMO...its about time that the people from apple think about it...

While I’m not "from Apple", I do use Apple products every day... and IMHO, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard (or at least it’s in the running)... I would most definitely NOT be interested in a phone the size of an iPad Mini...

epol4ever

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
While I?m not "from Apple", I do use Apple products every day... and IMHO, that?s the dumbest thing I?ve ever heard (or at least it?s in the running)... I would most definitely NOT be interested in a phone the size of an iPad Mini...

Who knows phone sizes are increasing in size...just thinking if it they will add phone function as an added feature or create a product That will stand bet the iphone and the ipad mini...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Who knows phone sizes are increasing in size...just thinking if it they will add phone function as an added feature or create a product That will stand bet the iphone and the ipad mini...

It is true that smartphone sizes are increasing on other platforms. However, looking at Apples current trend of the iPhones overall size and shape, I doubt very highly that we'll see a Phablet for Apple.

epol4ever

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
It is true that smartphone sizes are increasing on other platforms. However, looking at Apples current trend of the iPhones overall size and shape, I doubt very highly that we'll see a Phablet for Apple.

Yeah its true that the market for these phablets is still small for them to jump on it...lets be realistic about it...itsn't great waliking around holding just one gadget that could serve as a phone and a tablet at the same time...it might not be the ipad mini with a phone function at this point...IMHO if there is one company who could provide us the perfect phablet hardware n software wise it would be apple...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its true that the market for these phablets is still small for them to jump on it...lets be realistic about it...itsn't great waliking around holding just one gadget that could serve as a phone and a tablet at the same time...it might not be the ipad mini with a phone function at this point...IMHO if there is one company who could provide us the perfect phablet hardware n software wise it would be apple...
When I am outside I don't need a large device with me. My iPhone 5 does everything my iPad Mini does now, only in a smaller form factor.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Can you just google voice or talkatone. U can turn ur iPad or iPod touch into a phone when near wifi only.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods