iPad mini problems

sophiethomson1997

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought an iPad mini just over a week ago and the screen started playing up the yesterday, the only way I can use apps is to tell siri to load them, but then when I'm in the apps, the touchscreen works fine. It won't allow me to slide to unlock, flip between/click on things on the home screen or slide to power off. We misplaced the receipt and have looked everywhere for it. Would a hard reset help or would it just make it worse? If there is nothing that I could do, how much would it cost for a shop to fix? :confused: :(

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought an iPad mini just over a week ago and the screen started playing up the yesterday, the only way I can use apps is to tell siri to load them, but then when I'm in the apps, the touchscreen works fine. It won't allow me to slide to unlock, flip between/click on things on the home screen or slide to power off. We misplaced the receipt and have looked everywhere for it. Would a hard reset help or would it just make it worse? If there is nothing that I could do, how much would it cost for a shop to fix? :confused: :(

First thing to try is to do a reset (hold POWER and HOME buttons until you see the Apple logo)...

If that doesn’t work, not to worry. Is there a Apple store near you? If so, they can verify whether or not the iPad is under warranty (purchased new a week ago won’t be any kind of a problem)... Make an appointment at the Genius bar and take it in. Repairs will be free, but at this point, they will probably just swap it out for a new one.

If there’s no Apple store near you, look for an authorized Apple repair shop. They should be able to verify warranty coverage, as well...

If there’s no Apple store/authorized Apple repair shop near you, you may have to fight with the store where you bought it for coverage/return... Hopefully a credit card receipt/statement might help...

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
If you bought it a week ago, I would imagine that regardless of where you got it from you should be able to exchange it for a new one. Most retailers have at least a 2 week return/exchange policy.

Either way, if you go to an Apple store you should be fine, even if you don't have a receipt. The Mini is not even a year old yet, so regardless of the purchase date, it's covered under Apple's standard 1 yr warranty.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2