Hi, I am interested in knowing if its better to use a ipad mini or 9.7 inch ipad for business as a tool for
    showing pictures, presentations, taking notes, sharing information with others when it comes to the size of the screen when your customer
    might use it or look at it. Please kindly share your experiences of using a ipad mini as your business tool. I would like to see the differences from people who use it.
    04-12-2013 11:36 AM
    Hi, I am interested in knowing if its better to use a ipad mini or 9.7 inch ipad for business as a tool for
    showing pictures, presentations, taking notes, sharing information with others when it comes to the size of the screen when your customer
    might use it or look at it. Please kindly share your experiences of using a ipad mini as your business tool. I would like to see the differences from people who use it.
    I find the smaller form factor is easily more portable for moving around with. Love it's functionality and smaller size.
    04-12-2013 01:00 PM
    If you're using it for business where you may need 2 people to see the screen at the same time, you would be better off with the full sized iPad. The mini is for personal use.
    Just_Me_D and Donnee like this.
    04-12-2013 04:42 PM
    Yep hit the nail on the head there. I've used my playbook in the past at work and while it does the job, the screen size is just too small for it. I may end up using the iPad mini at times, it's usually with me so I can't see why I wouldn't, but if I was buying it specifically for business use I think I'd have to go for the full size
    04-14-2013 02:14 AM
    I keep thinking to the times I've actually seen them being used - realtors, designers, salesmen - and you always have two people trying to look at the screen, other than the one who put the pictures or presentation on the iPad. While it's possible with the Mini, it just makes better business sense to use the big'n.
    04-14-2013 09:39 AM
    Thank you everybody for your opinion. It looks like not many business users have time to give their opinions but its okay. It makes sense to understand if using the ipad as a sales tool it would be much more better to use the bigger size. My main concern is that if its not to heavy to hold in your hand all the time. With the new Ipad 5 to come out by this year I hope the predicted 25% lighter weight will be okay versus the 315g for the ipad mini. I hope if its 500g or less that it will not be that much heavier to hold for long periods of time. Thank you
    04-28-2013 07:30 AM
    Tony, it depends greatly on how you plan to use it in business. If you are at a trade show you want a mini. If you're sitting in an office, it doesn't matter if it's a 13" tablet, because you'll have it on a stand at your desk so that you can show your clients.
    04-28-2013 08:25 AM
    I'm using the iPad mini primarily for business. Obviously it depends a lot of what you do but also what other devices you have. I have iPhone, iPad mini and MacBook Air. Therefore it's a no brainier for me to go with the mini. I had the full size iPad before and especially the 3 and 4 are to heavy and not comfortable to hold. It turned out I rather used my MBA than the iPad full size. Now with the mini it's a great additional tool. On the go, small trips, it's great for email, taking notes, showing pics, store documents. For real work I still need my MBA. So I would suggest the mini because I find that writing on it, in landscape mode is awesome. No comparison to the full size iPad. If you use the tablet as laptop replacement somewhat, then go with the full size. Otherwise opt for the mini, I find it perfect in size and weight. Cheers.
    05-02-2013 05:44 AM