I love using my sisters ipad 3rd G and recently I sold my nexus 7 since it was to laggy for me to bear after using an iOS device. I also own a 4G iPod touch which I literally use all the time. I've been trying out the ipad mini at my local retail store and I really like the device and I don't notice the non retina screen even though this is the most talked about thing regarding the device. So my question is will I buy an ipad mini now or will I just wait for the new one to be released?
    03-28-2013 01:32 PM
    I love using my sisters ipad 3rd G and recently I sold my nexus 7 since it was to laggy for me to bear after using an iOS device. I also own a 4G iPod touch which I literally use all the time. I've been trying out the ipad mini at my local retail store and I really like the device and I don't notice the non retina screen even though this is the most talked about thing regarding the device. So my question is will I buy an ipad mini now or will I just wait for the new one to be released?
    I believe that is a personal preference only you can answer. The newest mini has gotten good reviews with the exception the SOME people don't like the display. Go play with one in a store and make up your mind that way. Good luck in whatever you decide.
    03-28-2013 01:50 PM
    I'm in the same boat too, if we buy the current model will it have a good sell on value once the mini 2 is released?

Will the mini2 demand a hire price? Is the mini 2 going to have more ram?
    04-04-2013 03:00 AM
    Apple stuff always tends to hold a pretty good resale value, but I don't think anyone can really answer the when, how much, what spec questions just yet. Personally I think we're more likely to see an iPad mini s this year rather than a mini 2 with retina etc but again, it's a complete guess.

As for whether to buy one, its down to you really. I just picked one up yesterday to replace my playbook as my every day device as the lack of apps and slow/buggy browser was really starting to annoy me. Trouble you'll always have with apple is there'll always be a new device 6-12 months round the corner, as there is with most tech companies these days.

In my eyes if the current model does what you want then I'd say go for it, but if you're the type of person who always wants the latest shiny thing then you're probably better off waiting to see what the next one looks like
    04-04-2013 03:17 AM
    I bought the iPad mini in January this year and I love it. So much that next week I'm going to get a 64GB version as I need more storage. I'll keep my 16 GB version/ give it to my boyfriend, although I doubt he will use it much as I've given him old kindles, ipods and tablets in the past and for the most part they just collected dust! I'm happy with the current version so even when I new one comes out most likely in the fall I may not upgrade. Either way with my 2 iPads I'll be able to sell them to upgrade to the latest model if I wanted to.

I think only you can answer the question, would you be unhappy if you bought the mini now and 4 or so months later a newer version came out ?
    04-04-2013 06:43 AM
    Just a quick update so I went ahead from the advise on this thread to go and purchase the mini I have had it for about a week. What can I say it's the best device honestly I have used! I previously owned a playbook which is a solid tablet with awesome hardware but sadly it terms of software it is really lacking with a buggy browser and a lack of apps.

Then I owned a nexus 7 as I've always looked at a device from a different angle then normal customers, I've always been the type to drool on the processors speed and how you can overclock it and the like. On paper the specs are a amazing but the screen is not good on the nexus as it has an infamous flicker issue. The device itself was good but a lack of real tablet apps and a laggy browser made it similar to every other android tablet.

Since using the iPad mini I honestly think this is the perfect size and should have been the original size for the first iPad as it is very portable and of course as all apple products it looks amazing and feels premium. I find the 3rd G iPad now to bulky and heavy and the screen on the iPad mini is not as bad as people make it take my word for this I honestly can't see a massive difference between it and the retina one of course the retina one is better but the iPad mini has a better display then my nexus even with a lower ppi and overall a solid screen.

If I was you I would go ahead and buy the products don't worry about a new one being released since that will always happen with any device as long as your current device suits and fulfils your needs there is no need to upgrade and apple products are the best in terms of them holding value in the long run. So go go run and buy one!!!!!
    04-07-2013 01:22 PM
    I have been using iPad mini since four months and overall it has above satisfactory results. The reviews for iPad mini 2 doesn't seem to be promising, so I would prefer to go for iPad mini.
    04-08-2013 08:50 AM
    I am also in the same boat. I think I have decided to wait a couple months to see if there will be a June announcement. If not I don't feel like waiting all the way until October so if nothing happens in June I will pull the trigger on the 1st gen mini and if the upgrades are significant enough later in the year I will trade up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-08-2013 08:26 PM
    It depends upon your usage...
    - Travel usage = iPad mini
    - home or office usage = iPad 2
    - Graphics Editing = iPad 2
    - Movies and entertainment = iPad mini
    04-10-2013 08:20 AM
    It depends upon your usage...
    - Travel usage = iPad mini
    - home or office usage = iPad 2
    - Graphics Editing = iPad 2
    - Movies and entertainment = iPad mini
    The question he's asking is if he should buy the mini now ,or wait for the mini 2nd gen. But thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-10-2013 10:52 AM