Since I got my 5 I've been havng iPad thoughts. I'm thinking the mini might work with being a Mom of small children, being one handed and multitasking. I'm looking at my PC wishing it would turn into a mini. Is it possible to replace it? Im wondering if 16 would be enough or even if 32 might considering a PC. Im not doing much word processing these days so I wouldn't have so much to store..what is everybody else doing?
    03-23-2013 10:50 PM
    I don't recommend replacing an actual computer with an iPad. If you plan to keep your PC and get the iPad, too, that would be a good solution. I personally could not live without my MacBook. I have an iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro.

My next purchase will be a new iPad this year when they come out. Then sometime next year we will be replacing the current MBP with a new Mac.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    03-23-2013 11:33 PM
    What do you use the PC for? How much stuff do you store on it?
    03-24-2013 07:41 AM
    not the word processing that I used to. Basicaly FB, Twitter, web...a little email. I'm sure the docs I have on it are outdated. Ive been using Google when Ive done things recently & d/led the app. I have music but Ive been using the Amazon Cloud since it came out & pics. I need to determine what to do with those.
    03-24-2013 08:22 AM
    You might want to try this thread, where the same question is asked: http://forums.imore.com/ipad-4/25232...-air-ipad.html
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    03-24-2013 10:33 AM
    I'd never replace my computer with my ipad but since I bought my ipad I have probably cut down on how much I use my computer by at least 75%.
    04-11-2013 06:03 PM
    The way I tend to look at it is it depends what you run. If you only ever turn your computer on to open a browser these days a tablet can probably replace it. If you play games, edit video, edit photos etc etc you probably want to be hanging onto the pc for when the iPad can't handle it (I know the iPad can do those things still, but chances are they're going to be quicker and easier with a full blown computer)

Me personally I use the iPad when I'm out of the house / office, then when I get home it ends up acting as a second monitor almost, sitting next to the computer checking emails/Facebook/iMessage etc while the pc does the grunt work
    04-12-2013 02:52 AM