The Ipad mini in the main fits my requirements, I'm looking to come from a BB Playbook 64gb. The potential sole reason for my defection is not being able to use the usb connection for connecting any device to view pictures of my camera's SD card.

Currently the only potential way on the PB is purchase an Eye-Fi card, convert the android app into a bar file.

Can the Ipad mini offer this? It's a simple requirement plug in the official lighting adapter for SD cards or a 3rd party one and be available to view the RAW files (NEF files) on the connected SD card?

I will be ejecting the card from the camera and inserting into the card reader so be able to review the images and delete where necessary. I'll use the PC for serious editing.

If possible, can you do it in the native app or do you need a 3rd party app?

Question 2, can you tether the ipad mini from any Smart Phone?

Question 3, How far off is the Ipad Mini and how much more expensive will it be, considering the superior specs?
    03-21-2013 08:38 AM
    I can't address your first question, although I have doubts as to whether you can view RAW images from the adapter.

You can tether the mini to any WiFi source, or if you have a Mini with data and a tethering plan from your carrier, you can tether your phone to it, providing your phone uses WiFi.

Question 3 - how far off is the iPad Mini from what? or are you looking for the iPad Mini with retina display? In which case, nobody knows. It's all speculation at this point.
    03-21-2013 10:28 AM
    The Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader supports standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.

The Native photos app can do some things - Apple's iPhoto app can do more... and once photos are on an iPad mini, you can make use of iCloud photo stream and have photos available on the rest of your iDevices.
    Alli likes this.
    03-21-2013 10:56 AM
    Does it allow you to view them on the Ipad whilst reading form the SD card and if required deleted directly off the SD card, say the image is blurred?
    03-21-2013 03:33 PM
    Official card reader or 3rd party one?
    03-21-2013 03:45 PM
    Off to the Gadget show in two weeks so I'll have a play. I've narrowed it down to the Ipad Mini or Samsung Note 8. Just awaiting it's release date and price.
    03-21-2013 03:46 PM
    Do you have to do anything special with the SD card first, like folder names etc
    03-21-2013 03:59 PM
    Do you have to do anything special with the SD card first, like folder names etc
    It will read whatever the camera sets up and saves to the SD card.
    03-21-2013 04:07 PM