Hmmmmm.. why oh why i ask?
    03-07-2013 05:14 PM
    Hmmmmm.. why oh why i ask?
    There isn't one on the other iPads either... plus, there are apps for that in the AppStore that are better than Apple's stock iPhone weather app anyway...
    Last edited by kch50428; 03-07-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: tweak
    ladyc0524, jclisenby and Rockdog97 like this.
    03-07-2013 05:17 PM
    The below article via the iMore Blog may help shed some light on the subject.

iPad Stocks, Calculator, Weather, Clock, Voice Memo Apps Scrapped by Steve Jobs
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    03-07-2013 05:26 PM
    what's interesting is that the other day after I uploaded a program from Cydia, I got a bunch of white app icons on my screen that were blank and some programs that I'd hidden. Of of these icons was the stock weather icon (like I do have on my 4S). When I clicked on the icon the weather program popped up for an instance before it closed; it was blank and small in the center of the screen and it had some text at the top, which I could not read because it didn't stay open that long.

I just got my ipad mini the other day and promptly updated to 6.1.2 and then did the evasiOn jailbreak... but it was interesting that the stock weather icon is there in the system...
    03-07-2013 05:35 PM
    Why not use the weather Channel app?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    03-07-2013 09:18 PM
    Why not use the weather Channel app?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I actually use WeatherBug and TWC but it's nice to have that quick pull down screen on the NC with the stock weather app like I have on my 4s.. No big deal really, I was just curious...
    03-08-2013 01:26 PM
    IMO it's ridiculous that all new iPads with siri don't have weather app. It's obviously there as those who jailbroke with evasi0n 1.0 discovered Apple actually hide a low res version in the OS so Siri can get weather results. Wouldn't take much to upgrade the app to ipad. I'd love to have the weather in my notification screen.
    03-08-2013 06:13 PM
    That's what I'd like to see as we'll as its obviously there in the background.
    03-08-2013 10:35 PM
    Rockdog,

I downloaded Accuweather HD and I'm finding that to be a wonderful app.
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    03-11-2013 10:19 PM
    There isn't one on the other iPads either... plus, there are apps for that in the AppStore that are better than Apple's stock iPhone weather app anyway...
    You mind telling us which ones....?
    03-12-2013 01:18 AM
    You mind telling us which ones....?
    Go to the AppStore, find the Weather section, and find one you like...
    03-12-2013 08:30 AM
    It kinda makes sense not to have a stock weather app on a wi-fi only iPad - it can only pull up info when it is connected, and not everyone has wi-fi in, say, their home, so it would lie there inactive. On a wireless version, its another story.

That said - as noted above, for those who do want a weather app (for wi-fi or data versions), the Apple app is pretty basic and its reporting destinations or information generally not as extensive as some other (often free) apps out there. I, for example, use The Weather Network app, and aside from the ability to have it 'follow me' a far as general locations are concerned, it happens to have a reporting station 2 blocks from my home, so that's my default location.

Granted, it can't use Notifications as an Apple weather app does, but I so rarely think about using Notifications on my iPad or iPhone, anyway.
    03-12-2013 08:54 AM
    It kinda makes sense not to have a stock weather app on a wi-fi only iPad - it can only pull up info when it is connected, and not everyone has wi-fi in, say, their home, so it would lie there inactive. On a wireless version, its another story.

That said - as noted above, for those who do want a weather app (for wi-fi or data versions), the Apple app is pretty basic and its reporting destinations or information generally not as extensive as some other (often free) apps out there. I, for example, use The Weather Network app, and aside from the ability to have it 'follow me' a far as general locations are concerned, it happens to have a reporting station 2 blocks from my home, so that's my default location.

Granted, it can't use Notifications as an Apple weather app does, but I so rarely think about using Notifications on my iPad or iPhone, anyway.
    If someone didn't have wifi in their home then wouldn't a wifi only ipad be pretty much worthless anyways?
    03-12-2013 08:59 AM
    Rockdog,

I downloaded Accuweather HD and I'm finding that to be a wonderful app.
    I did download it and its pretty nice for sure...
    03-13-2013 06:39 PM
    None of the iPads have it, it's a work device not a weather man😂
    03-13-2013 07:01 PM
    If someone didn't have wifi in their home then wouldn't a wifi only ipad be pretty much worthless anyways?
    Well, if you're thinking you'll glance at your iPad at home to check the weather, then yes. But a wi-fi iPad can, however, be used at the multitude of free wi-fi hotspots as you go about your daily business - and can then pick up weather reports and activate other data-retrieving programs. And even a 'dumb' non-connected iPad can operate some programs without benefit of a data plan or wi-fi, though granted, Apple & its 3rd Party providers really prefer it when users' apps 'call the mothership' to run.
    03-15-2013 08:52 PM
    I agree it's sort of a weird omission, but it's not really necessary. Many dedicated weather apps out there. Same goes for stocks. The Yahoo stocks app is pretty good.
    03-17-2013 09:46 PM
    I agree it's sort of a weird omission, but it's not really necessary. Many dedicated weather apps out there. Same goes for stocks. The Yahoo stocks app is pretty good.
    Yes but none can be integrated into either SB Settings or NC Settings so you see the weather when you swipe down, right? That's kinda what I'm missing..
    03-18-2013 10:17 AM