Having iPad mini AND iPhone 5? Worth it?

AppleLadie

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi there!

I am so in love with Apple products that I feel like I need it all! hahaha!

I have an iPhone 5 but lately I have been so intrigued with the iPad mini. Is it worth it to have both?

What uses/differences in having both?

Currently I have a 13 inch Macbook Pro as well, so it will fit well with the ecosystem.

Not to mention I have 2 small children that LOVE my husbands iPad 3!! I guess I am just trying to justify having it:)

Now to decide between the wi-fi and wi-fi + cellular.

HELP!!!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the iphone 5 and the ipad mini and they compliment each other. I use the mini more for web browsing among other things and use the iphone will I am out and about. I think it is definitely worth it to own both and with the price it can't be beat.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I have a iPhone 5, iPad mini, and MacBook Pro 13".

I don't use the iPad mini that much. About once a week to study and highlight. It is a great device but I use my phone at work and the mini does not compare to a full fledge laptop , so I use my macbook a ton.

Others will use it a ton, me not so much. I will personally keep it though, because I do like it for studying versus the iPhone.

the1onlyjosh

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I came to iPhone5 from Blackberry. Even after switching phones I still used my playbook when i was at home. Never bought a full size I pad just because of the size difference. Now that the mini came out I got one as soon as I could. With using iCloud everything syncs flawlessly.

pstmstr

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
Is it worth it? From a need standpoint, no but they sure do compliment one another. I've got a13" air, iPhone 5, and ipad mini. I'd say if I had to have just one, I'd go with the iphone.

Loony4Fruit

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is my indispensable tool. Have to have one and it goes everywhere with me. I'd rather die than go without my iPhone (joke).

But if you read a lot of ebooks or PDF files like I do, the iPad mini is a godsend. It's great for videos, browsing and all that other good stuff too. But, for ebooks it's the perfect size. I can't read on my iPhone unless it's for the five minutes I'm waiting to checkout at the grocery store or something.

Bcl1973

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPhone 5 iPad 3 & iPad mini, the phone & mini travels with me in my job while the 3 stays at home & entertains the kids. Dare I say, the iPad 3 is too big now, it's mini all the way for me!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a iPhone 5 iPad 3 & iPad mini, the phone & mini travels with me in my job while the 3 stays at home & entertains the kids. Dare I say, the iPad 3 is too big now, it's mini all the way for me!

I completely agree!! I take the 3 to work tho. I use it to take notes and connect with my slingbox.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a 16 GB WiFi iPad Mini and a 32 GB iPhone 5. I sprang for the extra storage space on the iPhone so I got a base model iPad Mini. I love them both and I think they complement each other very well.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a 5th generation iPod touch 64 GB and just got the 16 GB wifi iPad mini. I have a 10 inch Samsung tablet but this is just too big. I use my android phone as a mobile wifi hotspot so run the touch like my mobile phone. Both my mini and ipod work nicely with my apple TV as well.I think the iPad mini/iPad is worth having in addition to the iPhone.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5, iPad Mini and MBP 13". They all serve their purposes. My iPhone is always with me and my iPad mini is usually near the couch or my bed. I pull out the MBP for more labor intensive internet tasking and such.

But they are all worth it.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad mini + Data and an iPhone 5. I use the mini mostly but the iPhone 5 is my tool for everything.
I would not want to be without either one if them lol
The iPad Is very useful for in-automobile usage. I made a CD mount holder using a CD mount for a phone and I cut a back cover designed for the iPad mini, in half and glued them together. It's made my mini an in auto device!

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The iPad Is very useful for in-automobile usage. I made a CD mount holder using a CD mount for a phone and I cut a back cover designed for the iPad mini, in half and glued them together. It's made my mini an in auto device!

That's pretty boss.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 64gb, iPad 2 64gb, MacBook Pro 13" and decided to get an entry level iPad mini 16gb. My poor iPad 2 barely gets touched. I'm glad I still have the iPad 2 cause its still jailbroken. Will most likely update my iPad when it is refreshed this year. The mini is great for my fave games, books and web browsing. iPad 2 is great for games but my iPhone 5 is still the goto device.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I feel that iPad mini is the perfect size for an iOS device. Perfect gaming device, great for browsing and reading books, awesome battery life and good for watching movies too. I am sure it will complement your iPhone :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I may be wrong, but I feel that iPad mini is the perfect size for an iOS device. Perfect gaming device, great for browsing and reading books, awesome battery life and good for watching movies too. I am sure it will complement your iPhone :)

In conjunction with your reply, I also think that a standard size iPad can be a compliment to the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR