6 year old just got iPad mini--get her own apple ID?

train21reb

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
When setting up my little girls new iPad, I instinctively just entered my apple ID to set it up. But now I'm starting to question that. I obviously don't want any of my iMessages synced to her iPad and I'm not sure FaceTime would work correctly if grandparents wanted to FaceTime with her. Won't she need an email address to use iMessage and FaceTime? Are there any pros/cons to using my current apple ID for this iPad? What are the pros/cons for getting her own email address and apple ID?

Thanks to everyone who reads and responds.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
you can use different Apple IDs one on the store for the apps. Then create a new one in iCloud for iMessage and Facetime or leave it not logged in.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Both my kids have iPhones with their own user ID. I hold the password so there aren't any purchases made without me knowing.

Trinity Nare

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I cant make an apple I'd on my iPod because every time Ido it says you can't make apple I'd because u didn't reach the ful age requiments and I put in April 6, 2001 which would make me 13 but it still says it j pit in my cousins date and he just turned 17 my sister is about to turn 16 and it still won't let me can someone please help me

jac101

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Trinity if ur using safari u won't be able to make an Apple ID the second time if u failed the fist time due to the age problem....
Because the ipod stores the web cache and the website will know u aren't actually 13 and they won't allow u to create a new Apple ID.... This is the similar case with google accounts too..
To solve this just go to settings,safari,and clear ur web history and all caches if ur on ios 6
On ios 7&8 tap on clear history & clear cookies & data and do the whole thing again... It might work 😊

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73