Verizon iPad Mini: Question about Cellular Service (plans)

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I do not have Verizon cellular service but am picking up a iPad Mini tonight from BestBuy and have a couple questions.

Since I do not have Verizon service, they offer a Pre-Pay service on the Mini as well as a monthly service (monthly bill). What is the difference, advantages and disadvantages of both? I'd like to NOT have a bill but to pay per month for service (this way if I need to stop for a month or two I can, OR if I dont use the LTE much I can just use the iPad for WiFi)

Anything I should know before picking up the Verizon iPad Mini?

I am quite excited for my first cellular iPad.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Search my posts this has been asked I made thread in the iPad 4 section

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
One thing you should definitely be mindful of with the pay-as-you-go plan is that you need to affirmatively "cancel" the play or it will auto renew at the end of the month. Its not a big deal, you just need a minute or so to log into your account through the ipad, but if you don't they will bang you for the next month (I find this out in month 2 of having my iPad 3, or the old new iPad :))

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Search my posts this has been asked I made thread in the iPad 4 section

Thanks! Looks like the pre-pay is the way to go, at least that is what I am going to do.

Here is the info for you iPad Mini readers who also wonder about the pre paid LTE service.

I had questions of how the prepaid worked after googling and call Verizon
I thought I would share so other can save some time

When you buy data via the iPad for prepaid its good for one month or 30 days whatever comes first
Use it or lose it

If all you did was purchase a data plan then after 30 days or when you run out it will auto renew and buy another bucket of data
if you ran out of data before this date then it will charge you the moment you run out and then the new data 30 day limit starts over

You can change your plan at any time but it will not kick in until you use the data you already bought first or it has been 30 days and the previous data expired

If you want to stop this auto Renew

After buying your data plan then go into settings and press cancel plan
Make sure to select cancel later and not press cancel now

By doing cancel later this will cause it to not auto renew so when you use all your data or its been 30 days .. You get cut off until you buy more

If you press cancel now and not later it will delete your account immediately cut off your service and fry your SIM card ..
Only way to get it working again is to get a new sim

If you do the cancel later .. You have 5 months to buy another data plan if you don't Verizon will auto delete your account and this will fry your SIM card

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Looks like the pre-pay is the way to go, at least that is what I am going to do.

Here is the info for you iPad Mini readers who also wonder about the pre paid LTE service.

No problem you can see why I didn't want to re type lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal