Why did you decide to get the iPad mini?

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Possessed a iPad2 before, was tempted to upgrade anyway and then this BEAUTY came around the corner. I guess it was love at first sight. Went to the store at release day, touched it, decided the screen size and quality was beautiful and left the store with my 64Gb white Pad mini. Today i'm using it more than ever, and am definitely not moving back to 9.7", i feel the mini is ideal.

alieannie

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My son has the nexus 7 and while its good for him I knew I didn't want it because:
1. I don't like android. Too much fragmentation and with all the widgets and general busyness it's too stimulating for my ADD brain. Like the simplicity of iOS.

2. Battery life doesn't seem to be that great. Seems as if it dies too soon. My mini seems to last surprisingly long

3. Design is less appealing than the mini

4. I like being in the same ecosystem as my phone. I recently came from blackberry and got an iPhone 5 so it seemed logical to get a mini to replace my bb playbook

Brennybhoy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do you feel?

This year I'm considering an ipad mini, on condition of a retina display,
Having had ipad 3 & 4 it would be a backward step, IMO.
I'm also curious about the price, of iPad mini retina ?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm also curious about the price, of iPad mini retina ?

I think the price of the Mini 2 will be the same as the current iPad Mini. The Mini 1 will most likely drop by $100 after the Mini 2 launches giving customers 2 price points to choose from.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Having a 13" MacBook with flash memory the original iPad seemed like a duplicate item, so I avoided getting one for myself. My lovely wife got me a iPad Mini for my Birthday and I love it. Great size and functionality. Looking forward to exploring its possibilities.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Even with a retina display ?? I'm hoping price stays

Yes. even with a Retina display. Apple didn't increase the price of the iPad 3 when they added a retina display. They simply lowered the price of the iPad 2. I believe Apple will do the same with the Mini 2. Since it hasn't been released, this is just speculation on my part.

Last edited:

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
As it was stated before. I also have so much invested in apple products. I have had the iPhone from day one and now have the 5 as well as the rest of my family having the 4s as well. Wife and daughters. I also have the ipad 2 but have told my wife that I was going to be purchasing the mini. I am in no way going to jump into the newest thing, ie galaxy s4 just because. I am not wanting to learn a whole new operations system either. I am content where I am at and as stated by many, the App Store is above all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
After looking at several platforms and devices the mini stuck out from all the rest, it just works! The web browsing is awesome much better than android IMO.

ZanKuvy

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, the main reason, at the beginning, was because it's the cheapest way to get a piece of iOS and all its apps but then, when I held it in my hands for the first time, I fell in love of how lightweight it is and it's a perfect fit for reading, typing and gaming.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's all about reading and e-books and content on the iPad Mini, and I already had so much content purchased before on various iDevices. It's the ecosystem that I have already invested in for some time, and things like Viz Manga and DCcomics and Marvel Comics just look better with their apps on iOS too. Most importantly the iBooks that I purchased in the iBookstore are there when I want to read them, and these things are iOS only reads so I'm pretty much set in a way on getting an iPad.

I used to have the large iPad and I felt it was way too unwieldy and large for my liking, so I went for the smaller iPad Mini. I can live without retina on this thing when it is this portable. It has literally become my one stop shop for content nowadays, and as I'm a Blackberry phone user this is my worthy companion.

I would have gone for the new generation Nexus 7, with the vastly better specifications, but without my iBooks I don't see how it makes sense for me unless I had too much cash to throw around for gadgets.

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Had been wanting a mini for a while, but it was hard to justify the purchase because we already owned an ipad 2. Husband won a Kindle.. guess where that went? Yep.. on to Craig's list. Had to add to the purchase fund, but it was worth it. I actually prefer the mini to the ipad 2 because of portability. Fits in my purse.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
i've gotten all since / on launch day

ipad mini - just like the size better. only reason

miss the screen from the 3 but its too big and cumbersome for what i use it for

wouldn't go back to a big one now i don't think