Why did you decide to get the iPad mini?

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
i had a nexus 7. nice device, but sad to see lag on a stock android device. That was the last straw for me. switched to iphone grabbed a mini and added a Apple TV to complete the ecosystem.

Sent from the Death Star the The Force

anthony81586

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
As probably most of you know that the nexus 7 has better screen resolution and better specs. Why did you guys decided to get the iPad mink instead of the nexus 7 knowing this? I need your opinions. I currently own a nexus 7 that I brought 3 weeks ago but 2 days ago was my first time seeing and holding an iPad mini. And that thing is beautiful I think I will need to sell this nexus 7 and buy the iPad mini Asap.

You might've answered your own question there lol. But I'm Aldine guessing the OS preference and the app selection will be another popular answer lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I really wish I would use an iPad mini. It's just that everything is so accessible on my phone that I don't feel the need to use it. I had a Nexus 7 and I loved it, but never used it. But I do love my iPhone. Maybe I would like the iPad or iPad mini.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I really wish I would use an iPad mini. It's just that everything is so accessible on my phone that I don't feel the need to use it. I had a Nexus 7 and I loved it, but never used it. But I do love my iPhone. Maybe I would like the iPad or iPad mini.

I felt the same exact way up until just a few days ago. I had a Kindle Fire and ONLY read books on it. For reading and the Amazon kindle ecosystem it was top notch. After 4 months, I was over it. I really wanted to do more and returned to using mainly my phone. Just the other day I decided that I wanted something to carry with me to nursing school in the fall, needed something that my textbooks could be carried around on (most are available through Amazon), and already having the iPhone and a Macbook Pro, this would be the perfect thing to add. A full sized iPad just seems way too bulky for me to be carrying around all the time. Especially on the day I am going to have class and work. I certainly don't want to be carrying around my laptop bag and my backpack, plus my bag for work. It just seems crazy.

I was going to wait for the next generation to come out, but the retina screen (possibility) doesn't bother me and I have the money now to get one. Dropping from full to part time is going to put a money crunch on me for a few months and getting one now could happen.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I felt the same exact way up until just a few days ago. I had a Kindle Fire and ONLY read books on it. For reading and the Amazon kindle ecosystem it was top notch. After 4 months, I was over it. I really wanted to do more and returned to using mainly my phone. Just the other day I decided that I wanted something to carry with me to nursing school in the fall, needed something that my textbooks could be carried around on (most are available through Amazon), and already having the iPhone and a Macbook Pro, this would be the perfect thing to add. A full sized iPad just seems way too bulky for me to be carrying around all the time. Especially on the day I am going to have class and work. I certainly don't want to be carrying around my laptop bag and my backpack, plus my bag for work. It just seems crazy.

I was going to wait for the next generation to come out, but the retina screen (possibility) doesn't bother me and I have the money now to get one. Dropping from full to part time is going to put a money crunch on me for a few months and getting one now could happen.

You legitimately helped me make my decision. I am going to be going to best buy tomorrow and getting one.

Thanks!

localhost8080

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the original ipad, which got stolen. I was going to get the ipad2, but decided to hold off for a bit.

then they released a new ipad and the ipad mini.

I was going to go for the nexus7. but was a little unsure because it didnt have ios and wouldnt be great with the rest of my devices (iphone 4s and macbook air)

I think the big ipad is too big for what I need. I have a 13" macbook air, which is perfect, so I went for the ipad mini and couldnt be happier :)

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do you feel?

Various factors:
- Size
- Stability of iOS
- Apps made specially for tablets
- Apps better made
- Already have an iPhone so I have lots of already bought apps
- Accessories (I have my lightning connector speakers)

SouthernDroid

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do you feel?

I got my iPad Mini because I spent a fair amount of money on apps when I had my iPhone 4s. What [displeases me] is the fact that most of those apps are "phone only" versions, and look really distorted on my iPad Mini.

edited for language

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, as you can see from my user name, I was excited to buy a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4 several months ago. I kind of got bored with both although I still use them every day.
I bought both of those back in February.

In June, I decided to buy a 32GB AT&T black Mini and my only problem with it was that I wish I would have bought it a lot sooner!

I installed all the same apps that I had running on my Nexus 7 onto my Mini and that was when I realized that many of the apps for the Nexus 7 are just simply scaled up phone apps so that they can fill the screen on the 7 or other Android tablet.

It is clear to me that the app developers favor iOS due to the app quality I have seen.

Also, the screen on the Mini is much better than I thought it would be. Sure I occasionally notice the pixels for a second or two but when watching HD videos or streams, it is simply amazing. I've owned it for three weeks now and still don't have it in a case yet although I bring it with me every day to my job.

Battery life is also AMAZING. I've gotten as much as 14 hrs usage on my Mini but average about 12.

What did I hate on the Nexus 7? Battery life was the worst. There were times when I barely used it for 30 minutes and had 50% battery life 12 hrs later. My Mini can go 8 hrs with light usage and still have 98-100% battery left. The app quality was the second biggest thing and I mentioned that above.

At this point in time, you can't take my Mini from me but you can have my Nexus 7.

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought my iPad mini as somewhat of an impulse buy. After driving 3 hours to the beach with my 3 year old and 1 year old very restless in the backseat. My wife and I tried letting them watch YouTube clips of their favorite cartoons on my wife's iPhone (I was using my iPhone as the GPS or we would have had one for each kid).

After arriving at the beach and checking into the hotel, I walked over to the Walmart that was down the street to grab some things we forgot to pack. I made my usual pass through electronics to see if there were any new accessories I might want. And decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the iPad mini. I guess I should mention that I had been wanting an iPad for a good bit now, I saw this as a good reason to go ahead and grab it.

And as I had hoped it drastically improved the ride home. Before we left the hotel I downloaded a few episodes of cartoons and we hit the road without a peep from the backseat. And in the end I got the iPad I had been after.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought one on release engraved direct from china for my wife's bday she's loves it .. Myself on the other hand I like my ipad 4 more I just like the bigger size

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

ifellasleep

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I bought a ipad mini during the Christmas season and it arrived the day after Christmas. I am a heavy user, I know a lot of people say that so you may be asking what makes you a power you may ask? I can drain my 16gig 3g Mini in about five hours of usuage. In the Mini defense I am streaming Pandora, gaming, or doing some other battery intensive activity Normal usage I average about 18 hours on wifi, 6-8 on 3g depending what your doing. Audio barely affects battery meanwhile video last maybe two viewings of any Pirates of The Carribean or two viewings of Lord of The Rings or Star Wars. I purchase this to kill boredom,help with waiting in long lines, ignoring people right next to me who want to have pesky conversations. Screen is not bad,the size fits in pockest