Auto brightness not working?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the auto brightness on their mini? Doesn't seem to be working on mine...

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing. It doesn't seem to be adjusting or it's such a minor adjustment that I don't notice it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about the iPad Mini, but it works on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2. I posted instructions in another thread moments ago.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have it set correctly (have ipad 1, 3 and iPhone 5), but it just doesn't seem to change. I can go from a bright room to a pitch black room and the backlight seems to stay the same.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have it set correctly (have ipad 1, 3 and iPhone 5), but it just doesn't seem to change. I can go from a bright room to a pitch black room and the backlight seems to stay the same.

Did you follow the directions found in HERE?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I checked those out... Seems to be somewhat working now... Wasn't earlier even after trying that trick... I think sometimes when turning it on in a pitch black room, it doesn't auto dim... But for the most part seems to be ok now

z06mike

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My iPad 3 has the same problem. It never really adjusts the lighting even though auto brightness is turned on.

Sent from my GeeEssThree

txladi29

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
Mine raises in bright light, but won't drop back down in a darkened room. Odd.
And who/where do we report this bug to?

I have a couple of others too: I have occasional issues with wifi bring connected, but not being recognized as being connected by apps. And maps won't find me except when on certain wifi signals. However it will work just fine on my son's iPad 2 (wifi only/same hotspot) and locate him.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Last night, I reset my iPhone 4S via iTunes and set it up as new. As always, I perished through every setting and made changes to my liking. I also moved the brightness lever to my desired setting in low light situations and like before, it works. The level of brightness increases in brightly lit places and outdoors and then revert back to my preset low light setting in low light situations. After configuring the brightness settings, I reinstalled the apps I wanted on my device. Battery life is very good, my device is speedy and auto-brightness works. Hopefully, it will work soon for those who it is not currently working for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711