iPad mini and YouTube

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay is there no YouTube app for the mini let me clarify the actual YouTube app not third party set ups. I can only find the real one under iPhone but not iPad and that version is tiny on this 7.9 screen

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I have jasmine it's awesome but the problem is a lot of videos won't play due to license issues jasmine states that before u get the app. So I mostly use the YouTube mobile website I put the icon on my home screen it works great

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You can always install the iPhone version and do 2x... Interface looks bad but the vids play in good quality

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
There really wasn't a need to since there was a YouTube app built right in to iOS until it was dropped in the latest version.

I forgot about that but I just went to YouTube through the browser and saved it. Thanks for the advice folks.....

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have jasmine it's awesome but the problem is a lot of videos won't play due to license issues jasmine states that before u get the app. So I mostly use the YouTube mobile website I put the icon on my home screen it works great

There are also some third-party alternatives. These feature rich YouTube app for iPad/iPhone will give you a better video playing experience compare with your native iOS YouTube apps.
Best Free YouTube App For iPad/iPhone

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm personally a fan of Video Tube. It works great for me and you can save videos within the app for offline viewing. Has been working flawlessly for me.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm rather confused now that I have the mini. I'm new to iOS and this is the 1st iOS device I've ever owned. As also being a BlackBerry PlayBook user as well as an Android user, which support Flash, why is it that I've had no issues using the full desktop YouTube site? It has been working perfectly for me. But Apple doesn't support Flash. So am I just fortunate that everything I've viewed has been encoded in HTML 5 so far or am I missing something?

Last edited:

StevesBalls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
McTube wins! :)

While Jasmine is a beautiful YouTube app, I find that it crashes a bit too often. But definitely worth checking out for the UI.

Gregz0r

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Not seen mctube. I'll check it out, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned YouPlayer.
It does a great job of mimicking the default, pre-iOS 6 YouTube app, on all iOS devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro