Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Happy or not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

• Total voters

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my mini today and I'm loving it. I have an iPad 3rd gen and after using the mini that thing feels like a brick. I don't have a problem with the screen resolution books and everything else looks good to me, it's not retina but hey I'm not disappointment at all. So this is what you get when an iPhone and iPad have a baby lol.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think it would be this big of a difference, but for anyone who has used the ipad with retina display, I find it almost impossible to make the switch. It REALLY is dull compared to the retina display screen. That said, ipad mini would be awesome with retina display and I would still use this one to take with me (waiting in line at the movies or other tasks since it is smaller and lighter to carry). I see people on the subway and other places with their ipad and think its a little silly.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Happy ot not happy with your iPad mini purchase?

Been using my AT&T 64 GB iPad Mini since Saturday and I love it so far.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I am very Happy. Although I am trying to only use it for reading books so my other devices don't get neglected.

That was my plan too to use it for that purpose. But mainly planning to replace my ipad 2 with an ipad 4 with LTE. Although I would love an iPad mini now I will hold off for at least the 2nd gen of it. Rarely buy 1st gen of anything.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Definitely not happy. The screen is worse than I thought it'd be. It's a blurry mess similar to the first couple of ipads. It was a dealbreaker then, and remains that way.

I'm not sure how others tolerate it to be honest. Great size and weight, but a crap screen sums it up. Perhaps it's for people who can't see to begin with? It's like going back to watching a VHS tape after seeing a blu-ray.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Definitely not happy. The screen is worse than I thought it'd be. It's a blurry mess similar to the first couple of ipads. It was a dealbreaker then, and remains that way.

I'm not sure how others tolerate it to be honest. Great size and weight, but a crap screen sums it up. Perhaps it's for people who can't see to begin with? It's like going back to watching a VHS tape after seeing a blu-ray.

I can see just fine. 20/20 vision here. I have absolutely no issues with my iPad Mini screen at all. It's definitely not a "blurry mess" as you just described. I can read the print just fine in both portrait and landscape mode without zooming. That said, it did take me a day or so to get used to the text compared to the retina display on my old iPad 3, butt that's it. Now that I've had my Mini for awhile, there is no going back to the larger sized iPad, retina or not..... I love my iPad Mini!

Also, there is simply nothing to tolerate. Either you like the Mini or you don't. For those who don't the answer is simple really, return it! However, the sales figures speak volumes in my book and it is obvious that many, many people love the Mini judging by the number of sales it has had. Heck, most stores can't keep up with the supply and demand for it.....

Last edited:

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Pretty lame that it doesnt have retina display. It's just another Apple strategy to get you to buy another one in 6 months when they announce the one that will have it. Good for me that display is not a deal-breaker. I am happy with my mini.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

I am on day 5 with my mini and I LOVE IT. I had an ipad in the past and truthfully happy I now have a mini, the mini is the perfect size for me.

The display is perfectly fine and dont see anything wrong with it. I do love the fact that it fits in the back pocket of my jeans.

So to answer the OP question. I am very HAPPY with my ipad mini.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pstmstr

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I bought one, used it a few days then returned it. Then I missed it so I bought another one. I wish the screen was as sharp as my Iphone 5 but like everything else about it. The form factor is perfect, I'm sure Steve must be rolling over in his grave but he was dead wrong about this sized tablet.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought my mini on Saturday afternoon. After using it a bit on Saturday, I packed it up and was ready to return it Sunday. I had some problems with the original set up, and iTunes didn't seem to differentiate between it and my iPad 3. On Sunday morning I decided to do a complete reset and manually add my apps, voila what a change. I love this thing. I can't believe its thinness and weight. It is fantastic! I find myself using it constantly! Even though its pixel density is much less than my iPad 3, I find I have started reading books. The iPad 3 now feels like a ton. I love the mini!!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting the iPad mini. Before I buy a new product, I always like to check out the forums to get an honest opinion.
I checked out this review, which I though to be a little harsh. Have a look at it and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

I think you should read the title of this thread again. It's asking how YOU like your iPad Mini, not how a reviewer on another site likes it. ;)

Still loving my iPad Mini. :)

RaiderWill

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Retina..Retina..Retina.
Then..why would one even pick this "Non-Retina" iPad up? The Mini is what the iPad should have been all along... The Screen Res and performance are just fine.. Thank You. The Mini LQQKS 2013.. It's sibblings are starting to look rather dated... :)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Very happy. :) I LOVE my iPad mini!

The size and weight are perfect. I also kept my iPad3 and use them together for work.

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Happy, I bought my first two iPads recently I owned a MacBook Pro and iphone5 but no iPads, I bought a mini I love it my son started using it so much I bought a ipad4 after using my 4 so much when I do pry the mini from my son I do notice a huge diff in screen, before using the 4 the mini screen seemed great, I still love it I often miss the size and feel of the mini when I'm using the 4 and the screen of the 4 when using the mini,lol but happy with my purchases for sure and as far as speed I don't notice a diff for my use

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods