Official I have my iPad mini thread!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you'd like to broadcast to the rest of the forum members that you have received your iPad mini, please do so here. Any other threads with that topic will be closed no questions asked. Thanks!

tlgem

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I got mine ! :) Walked into Best Buy at 10am very few customers in store tried the mini & bought the last one of 5 -16 gig black ones they had.

Calistamay

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I got mine! There were 3 people ahead of me at BB and we all wanted the same thing (white mini 16gb). They only had 4 so I got the last one. When I got home I sent my husband up there and he got his black mini :)

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
2 seconds after i said I was waiting on UPS to arrive...low and behold the UPS truck pulls up. Time to unbox it and get it set up!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Got mine around 12:30p today. Rushed home at lunch to grab it.

Size = awesome. Screen... Oh boy I'm not sure I can get used to it. As Rene would say - it's like sandpaper on my eyes. It's not so bad in and of itself - but when switching between iPhone 5 and the mini, it's bad. Or between my MBP retina. How I wish there was a retina mini.

Basically it's down to do I trade off size or screen res. the size, shape of case and light weight are amazing. So we'll see if I can get used to the screen over the next few days. If not will have to return and get a 4.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I was foolish to think I could resist

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351885439.868154.jpg

Purchased at a Best Buy near my work... walked right in and got a 32GB black. They really didn't have any accessories so I continued a bit farther on the highway to my nearest Apple Store (Walnut Creek, CA) and bought the Product (red) Smart Cover and a couple 30-pin to Lightning adapters.

My initial thoughts: lack of retina is not that big of a deal at this screen size, it is very thin and light but feels sturdy in the hand, the smart cover "sticks" better than on the iPad3 probably due to being lighter

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am in the club. Went to a BestBuy this morning. Going to the Apple store in a bit for a smart cover :)

So far, I like it. I do miss the retina display, but for reading in iBooks its fine.

txladi29

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
Received mine at 1:45 today (Texas.) I was never so excited to see that big brown truck. I've been waiting for a mini version of the iPad since they were first introduced! ::D

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Going from an iPad 2 to an iPad Mini. This iPad is perfect for me. I love the size of this. The screen doesnt really bother me but like others said going from iPhone5 to the iPad mini you see the difference. But with that being said I love this Mini!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was foolish to think I could resist

View attachment 22202

Purchased at a Best Buy near my work... walked right in and got a 32GB black. They really didn't have any accessories so I continued a bit farther on the highway to my nearest Apple Store (Walnut Creek, CA) and bought the Product (red) Smart Cover and a couple 30-pin to Lightning adapters.

My initial thoughts: lack of retina is not that big of a deal at this screen size, it is very thin and light but feels sturdy in the hand, the smart cover "sticks" better than on the iPad3 probably due to being lighter

^2nd. Display looks fine to my 40-something eyes. Bit jarring to go back to iPad 3 (limited edition!), but once I sell it, no more comparison. I don't notice a difference between iPhone 5 and mini- the Mini display looks pretty darn great to me. Renders a teeny bit more slowly, but once rendered, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference - especially I am neither a gamer nor movie- watcher. Loving the form factor. Been waiting for this!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Screen is somewhat a bust! Is it even in-touch cell like the five? the screen looks far from the glass! I'm sorry for $329 I expect a better display. Form factor is perfect. I went to store ready to buy but couldn't settle with the display. I guess I will have to wait till retina.

Last edited:

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I must say imore forum app is perfect on this. I love the keyboard. I can type really good on it. I see my iPhone 5's use declining a lot with this mini! Loving it so far

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’m seeing reports of steady sales... but nothing on par with other Apple device releases... was in Best Buy for something completely unrelated, and there were a few folks looking/buying. i talked to the Apple rep and he said sales were "steady". That particular BestBuy had a large supply but was already out of the 16GB models (both black and white), and they were getting low on the 32GB models...

I saw where some Apple store locations were selling out...

I did take a couple of minutes to play with the display unit and, I was impressed. The screen is better than I feared, based on reviews... and it’s actually got a higher pixel density than my wife's iPad 2gen... so it would be usable. Even with that gawd-awful security contraption attached to it, it was remarkably light...

My wife also said that our local Target had a couple left. The clerk said all they got were 32GB white units (10 total) and they still had 1 or 2 in the case...

I’m very happy with my 3rd generation iPad (some whiner's comments notwithstanding), but I could see myself with an iPad Mini...

dmoney17

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine was delivered around 1pm pacific time. It's sitting at the house waiting for me (wife signed for it). I consider myself more of an Android guy (I have switched back and forth between iPhones and Androids), but I'm excited to play with the Mini and see what it has to offer.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got my mini and so far I am loving it. I don't think the screen is that bad. The size, form factor and weight are amazing.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Got mine! Love it! The display is fine, the hardware is beautiful, and I'm downloading all my apps and files to it now...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I?m seeing reports of steady sales... but nothing on par with other Apple device releases... was in Best Buy for something completely unrelated, and there were a few folks looking/buying. i talked to the Apple rep and he said sales were "steady". That particular BestBuy had a large supply but was already out of the 16GB models (both black and white), and they were getting low on the 32GB models...

I saw where some Apple store locations were selling out...

I did take a couple of minutes to play with the display unit and, I was impressed. The screen is better than I feared, based on reviews... and it?s actually got a higher pixel density than my wife's iPad 2gen... so it would be usable. Even with that gawd-awful security contraption attached to it, it was remarkably light...

My wife also said that our local Target had a couple left. The clerk said all they got were 32GB white units (10 total) and they still had 1 or 2 in the case...

I?m very happy with my 3rd generation iPad (some whiner's comments notwithstanding), but I could see myself with an iPad Mini...

Would you get it in addition or instead of? I am considering a mini alongside my iPad 3. Would wait till the refurbs come out tho.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
^2nd. Display looks fine to my 40-something eyes. Bit jarring to go back to iPad 3 (limited edition!), but once I sell it, no more comparison. I don't notice a difference between iPhone 5 and mini- the Mini display looks pretty darn great to me. Renders a teeny bit more slowly, but once rendered, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference - especially I am neither a gamer nor movie- watcher. Loving the form factor. Been waiting for this!

Limited addition. That's great!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Would you get it in addition or instead of? I am considering a mini alongside my iPad 3. Would wait till the refurbs come out tho.

Not sure... probably instead... can’t see the need for 2 iPads... I love my 3rd gen, but the Mini seems so light. And as I said, the screen is actually better than I expected it to be after reading some early reviews.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit