iPad mini vs IPad 4

Devinfowlkes15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had a iPhone 4, 4s , and I recently got the new iPhone 5. I know the iPad is not much different from the iPod touch which I have .

Some say it is just bigger .

Do you guys think a iPad mini will be better than a iPad 4.

I know it's a big price different .

But will it be a big different on the speed.

Which will be better in the hands and to take around .

Ps. I currently have the MacBook Pro 13inch 2012 and the new iPad will be for me to take to my classes to take notes on instead MacBook

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had a iPhone 4, 4s , and I recently got the new iPhone 5. I know the iPad is not much different from the iPod touch which I have .

Some say it is just bigger .

Do you guys think a iPad mini will be better than a iPad 4.

I know it's a big price different .

But will it be a big different on the speed.

Which will be better in the hands and to take around .

Ps. I currently have the MacBook Pro 13inch 2012 and the new iPad will be for me to take to my classes to take notes on instead MacBook

Whether or not the iPad mini will be better than a full size iPad will depend on your needs and how you will use the device. No one can answer that question for you. If you need a retina display then you will have to go with the full size iPad. If the full size version is too big and heavy then go with the mini. The smaller version is definitely more portable, but not by much. Again, it depends on your needs.

Just Me, D

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
From wired.com: Hands-On With Apple's Petite New iPad Mini | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

The only noticeable drawback I perceived in my short time using the iPad mini was processor power. It runs iOS 6 and has enough power to get the 3-D maps capability, but pinching and zooming was choppier and more stuttery than I’ve experienced on any other iOS device. App loading also took a few moments longer than on newer full-sized iPads. This certainly isn’t a deal breaker, particularly if you plan on using this smaller iPad primarily for reading, web browsing, or watching videos. Avid gamers may be better off turning toward the more powerful fourth-generation iPad, though.

With that old of a chip and a nonretina screen, I wouldn't have much use for a Mini. I consider it a kid's device or if you just need more portability.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I preordered the mini. I'm not using it for anything intensive or anything like that.

Web browsing mostly when I don't want to use my iPhone or pull out my MacBook Pro.

I've been waiting for a smaller apple tablet and am excited its finally here.

The non-retina does not bother me, nor the "old chip." It's going to be a great addition.

hahler2

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a first generation iPad. It is time to replace it. I can't decide if I want to get the iPad mini or the iPad 4. I know the mini's specs are outdated, but it's definitely going to be a pretty big step up from the first gen iPad. However, I'm wondering if I would miss the retina display. I use my iPad for reading books and surfing the web. Don't really do any gaming or video streaming on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711