Official waiting for iPad Mini pre-order pajama party!

nickpthemft

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So....back in the day when you needed to know something your parents made you look it up in the dictionary or encylopedia......

My kids are 8 and 10 years old, is the ipad the best tablet for them? We are new to the i-world.

What is the best tablet for kids that now get there info mostly from the internet?

I'd STRONGLY suggest the iPad (maybe even the mini). It's so user-friendly, and really is a cinch for kids to just pick up and use. Just YouTube videos of 2 year-olds using the iPad. However, if you're considering straying from the iKingdom, I MIGHT recommend the Kindle Fire HD, if only for the Free Time parental controls. Depending on how much you can trust your kids, that could be a decent option.

But, you really can't beat the iOS ecosystem of apps and interconnectability. Plus, your kids will be the cool kids that have the iPad :)

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd STRONGLY suggest the iPad (maybe even the mini). It's so user-friendly, and really is a cinch for kids to just pick up and use. Just YouTube videos of 2 year-olds using the iPad. However, if you're considering straying from the iKingdom, I MIGHT recommend the Kindle Fire HD, if only for the Free Time parental controls. Depending on how much you can trust your kids, that could be a decent option.

But, you really can't beat the iOS ecosystem of apps and interconnectability. Plus, your kids will be the cool kids that have the iPad :)

It's also worth mentioning that guided access on iOS devices is an excellent parental control tool that's super easy to use. It's actually quite cool.

Belzad

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So....back in the day when you needed to know something your parents made you look it up in the dictionary or encylopedia......

My kids are 8 and 10 years old, is the ipad the best tablet for them? We are new to the i-world.

What is the best tablet for kids that now get there info mostly from the internet?

My kids each have their own iPads, so I may be considered biased, but I think the iPad is the best educational tablet for kids.

Last edited:

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If I were getting one I'd be getting white because I'm a black man and we love white (women) lol. All joking aside in my experience the white (pertaining to my iPad 2) has held up pretty well and it's different from all the black iPhones I see.

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk

smckenzie96

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Man, this is gonna be an expensive evening...

... not necessarily cuz I'm pre-ordering either device, but rather cuz I keep eating all the Halloween candy for energy to stay awake.

nickpthemft

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It's also worth mentioning that guided access on iOS devices is an excellent parental control tool that's super easy to use. It's actually quite cool.

Really? I haven't had the opportunity to look into that, actually. I don't have kids, so I get to do whatever I want with our iPad now :) I'm sure that'll come in handy in a few years when our toddler's mashing his hands away at the iPad mini (6th generation)...

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If I were getting one I'd be getting white because I'm a black man and we love white (women) lol. All joking aside in my experience the white (pertaining to my iPad 2) has held up pretty well and it's different from all the black iPhones I see.

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk

Is it sad that it's super reassuring for me to see all these guys saying they rock white devices right now?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW