Official waiting for iPad Mini pre-order pajama party!

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have always gotten the 64gb versions of stuff and I always feel like I need more. I have to keep taking 2 movies off to add more content....gets annoying. This is the first time I ever even consider 32 gb. Ok I just convinced myself...64 gb wifi it is!

I don't get how people do this. I guess if you're the type of person who keeps ALL your content on every device then it's possible. I've never been able to fill up a 16gb tablet before. I don't keep music on it, I never store movies on it, hardly ever take pictures or videos with it, don't have many games on it. I guess I'm just not a power tablet user, hence getting the iPad mini instead of a full sized one. My phone on the other hand, gotta have the 32 or 64 gb model because I keep all my music on there plus a TON of games.

jl0998

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
This is a cool forum. I have never waited in lin for i-anything. I just called Apple and they said they have no idea when they can start taking pre-orders.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I was going to say I would just get the WiFi and use a hotspot on your phone if it's available to setup because I never use enough data on my own devices to setup the extra access fees per month...

I think he meant storage capacity.

I'm the opposite, I've gone through almost 10gb of data this month on the iPad. Probably around 5 on the phone.

mikedavis929

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My problem with relying on the cloud instead of the drive is the cost of data. 64GB once may be cheaper than the data to download through my phones hotspot. But if a retina mini comes out then I'll have a 64GB to sell. Not yet sure.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My problem with relying on the cloud instead of the drive is the cost of data. 64GB once may be cheaper than the data to download through my phones hotspot. But if a retina mini comes out then I'll have a 64GB to sell. Not yet sure.

Well the app store is technically a "cloud" since you can redownload apps for free. That's what I'm talking about. The kindle app's cloud is free and I use comixology and the dark horse comics app for comics and those support redownloading comics for free. I just delete comics as I read them and redownload the ones I want to read again. I also use drop box for DRM free comics.

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I know I am buying a black iPad Mini, but I'm still torn on GB, usually I get as much as possible, future proofing, but I have a feeling I'll be buying a retina mini in the next twelve months. Any thoughts?
You make a good point...I will definitely be buying the next one if its Retina...perhaps I should get the 32gb...I dont buy from iTunes so iCloud is a waste for me. I don't even think I have a backup in my iCloud. I just plug in to backup.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Just saw the Apple Store went offline to be updated...maybe it'll start earlier!

Not a chance. Maybe 10 minutes early if we're lucky. Sometimes its 10 minutes late. Also, be aware its MUCH better to order your equipment using the Apple Store app on your iPhone or iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods