Official waiting for iPad Mini pre-order pajama party!

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm just getting the mini right now. I'm sticking with the iPad 3 until the 5 comes out. I figure it'll probably be a lot thinner like the iPhone and the mini.

It likely will take on the color scheme at least. If the fourth has done anything significant to the speakers I may consider being swayed.. I hate having to either fold the Smart Cover all the way up or hold my hand behind the speaker to hear consistently

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Staying up to get a 32gb iPad 4! Woohoo! Can't decide between white or black..?

Both are great looking. I have black and got my dad a white one for Father's Day. The only thing I prefer with the black is that the whole face is blank when the screen is off as opposed to the white border. But as most people will use a Smart Cover and completely negate this it comes down to personal preference.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
***debates emailing Phil Schiller and ask if Apple will eventually make Smart Cases for the iPad mini***

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk

mossdesoymilk

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I want an iPad mini, because I love the idea and the look...but the hardware is keeping me from buying it. It's already so old. iPad 2 hardware and no retina..anybody else having this thought?

caledesign

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
First Time stopping by to hang out. Trying to stay up, but have my alarms set if I don't make it to 3am. Ordering the 64GB Wi-Fi white mini. I have the new iPad 3rd gen. white 64GB Wi-Fi with cellular, but wanting something even more portable. I will tether it for data connection out of Wi-Fi areas

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I want an iPad mini, because I love the idea and the look...but the hardware is keeping me from buying it. It's already so old. iPad 2 hardware and no retina..anybody else having this thought?

Doesn't bother me one bit. I don't plan on using it for serious gaming (that's what my 3DS and iPhone are for), so I really don't care. It's more than enough to power the few games I will play on it. I'll be using it primarily for web browsing and reading comics and books.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

The hardware is a little dated, but what sense really would it make to have a "big" and "mini" version with the exact same specs. I bet the mini picks up retina resolution next go around. But as far as staying on par with its counterpart.. Not likely.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The hardware is a little dated, but what sense really would it make to have a "big" and "mini" version with the exact same specs. I bet the mini picks up retina resolution next go around. But as far as staying on par with its counterpart.. Not likely.

The hardware is not dated. New case, new advanced battery, new WiFi (super fast), LTE, new cameras (just like the Retina iPad), Lightning connector, Siri, new display using GF2 technology (brighter, lighter, smaller pixels). The ONLY thing the same as the iPad 2 is the processor. And since its driving a smaller device it should do fine. Same processor used in the new iPod Touch.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone wondered as to when Siri will finally come out of beta? A thought to ponder....

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone wondered as to when Siri will finally come out of beta? A thought to ponder....

You'd think that since they're using it across the line it would be considered out of beta by now.. Maybe they're waiting to add more to it.

And thanks for the correction RealNeal I meant the processor and 1024x768 display... Hardware was the wrong term to use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR