According to this apple webpage, the iPad mini does support and include Siri:
    Apple - iPad mini - Built-in apps

I suppose this makes sense given that it has the same guts as the iPhone 4S, but it does confuse me somewhat as to why it wasn't ever included in the iPad 2, which also has the same processing capabilities...

Edit:
    Also, if you scroll down on this page, there's a whole section dedicated to Siri on iPad mini:
    http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/features/
    10-25-2012 01:48 PM
    Good to know. Siri is a must. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-25-2012 03:24 PM
    Yeah I suppose it would have been rather silly for them not to include it in a new, heavily marketed device. It's just nice to have a confirmation. They didn't say anything about it during the keynote so I was worried it wasn't included. That would have been disappointing.
    10-25-2012 03:33 PM
    My main hesitation is waiting to see the screen in person. I want to go to a mini from my third gen but worried it will look bad. I've read reviews and folks say it looks great but who knows

10-25-2012 04:47 PM
    It just goes to show that there was no technical reason to keep Siri out of iPad 2, instead it was a marketing decision to better differentiate between the "2" and the "new". My bet is that once minis are out for a bit and supplies become less constrained, the 2 will fade away, leaving only the two sizes with fall refreshes going forward.
    10-28-2012 10:15 PM
    My main hesitation is waiting to see the screen in person. I want to go to a mini from my third gen but worried it will look bad. I've read reviews and folks say it looks great but who knows

People get so caught up in pixel density that they forget that color accuracy, brightness, quality of manufacturing, the technology used (IPS is supposedly quite good), and the quality of the glass used all play huge parts in what makes a screen look great. The iPad mini's display meets the mark in all of these areas. Don't get so caught up in the pixel count. It may not be as super sharp as a retina display, but I'm sure overall, it's a great-looking display.
    10-28-2012 10:53 PM
    It just goes to show that there was no technical reason to keep Siri out of iPad 2, instead it was a marketing decision to better differentiate between the "2" and the "new". My bet is that once minis are out for a bit and supplies become less constrained, the 2 will fade away, leaving only the two sizes with fall refreshes going forward.
    I think it was a RAM issue.

10-28-2012 11:04 PM
    I think it was a RAM issue.

I'm interested as to what iFixit's teardown reveals about RAM. I'm hoping there's 1gb but if not, it's not really a big deal. I've never had a problem with my 4S which has 512mb RAM.
    10-28-2012 11:14 PM