Hi there!
    I'm helping the technology team at the school I teach at to write a grant application to get some new tech for our school. With the introduction of the mini, we were curious as to whether it made sense to write the grant for the Mini or for iPad 2s. Could you all give me some feedback as to which you believe would work better in an educational setting? Remember, we are only K-5. I'm sure whatever we decide, we should get some Otterboxes!
    Thanks!
    Steve
    10-24-2012 02:56 PM
    I would definitely go with the mini. The regular iPad is quite heavy - 1.6 pounds I think - . The mini is a pound lighter, plus its more 'kid-sized'. Plus its cheaper.
    Just_Me_D and Mountaineerfan like this.
    10-24-2012 02:59 PM
    I would definitely go with the mini. The regular iPad is quite heavy - 1.6 pounds I think - . The mini is a pound lighter, plus its more 'kid-sized'. Plus its cheaper.
    Well stated and I'm in full agreement. My youngest son is in elementary and I'm considering getting him the iPad mini and safeguard it with restrictions. Also, I want all of his games off of my iPad 2 ...
    Mountaineerfan likes this.
    10-24-2012 03:19 PM
    I would say mini .. We are actually in process of this for my daughters school and I'm going to pitch the mini vs the iPad 2
    Mountaineerfan likes this.
    10-24-2012 03:40 PM
    I would say mini .. We are actually in process of this for my daughters school and I'm going to pitch the mini vs the iPad 2
    That's great! Would you mind sharing some of your ideas and arguments?
    Thanks!
    10-25-2012 07:18 AM
    My biggest point would be
    The price that could possibly mean more for the school and more kids can use them at once

Next would be weight

More portable

And they run the same apps as current iPads and do everything the regular iPads can do all while saving around 100 each
    So basically for every 3 iPads you would have bought you can buy 4 iPad mini ...
    10-25-2012 08:32 PM