Ipad mini retina display?

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I saw this today on another forum and would appreciate someone from iMore commenting on it:

"Apple is said to already be employing GF2 display technology in the new iPad mini. "

Although its not a Retina display, if they're using GF2 technology it would make the screen a whole lot better.

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how anyone that has owned a retina device (iphone4,4s,5 or itouch or ipad3) can even consider buying a device with the pixel density of the Original iPHONE!!! Apply continues to astound me with its ability to market products. That said, if the iPad mini was retina I'd be all over it (even though I already have an ipad3 and iphone4).

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how anyone that has owned a retina device (iphone4,4s,5 or itouch or ipad3) can even consider buying a device with the pixel density of the Original iPHONE!!! Apply continues to astound me with its ability to market products. That said, if the iPad mini was retina I'd be all over it (even though I already have an ipad3 and iphone4).
People bought the iPad and iPad 2 back when they had iPhone 4's and never complained about it. In fact, I remember the iPad and iPad 2 screens being praised. There's more to what makes a screen great than pixel density. If you have an iPad 3 or 4, then of course you're not going to want to downgrade, but if you can't afford those options or have never had an iPad before, the iPad mini is a great entry device.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
retina mini is at least a year out... maybe more... the mini *just* came out, give it time...

although with the whole ipad 3 to ipad 4 timeline of 7 months throwing things for a loop... all bets are off of course... maybe we'll see a retina mini as soon as next summer - taking the old iphone summe release slot in june/july

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
retina mini is at least a year out... maybe more... the mini *just* came out, give it time...

although with the whole ipad 3 to ipad 4 timeline of 7 months throwing things for a loop... all bets are off of course... maybe we'll see a retina mini as soon as next summer - taking the old iphone summe release slot in june/july
I'm thinking that they did this because they wanted to shift the iPad release schedule to the fall. We should expect new devices next fall. As others have pointed out, it was either release a device early or not release one for like 18 months. They made a call.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods