What LTE carrier to go with?

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am picking up an iPad Mini when they are available, and since the 4G/LTE versions will not be out for awhile I have time to think what carrier I want to go with.

What do you think will be the best carrier to go with for LTE? I know its going to mainly depend on my location but all three (AT&T, Verizon and Sprint) have great coverage all around me.

I am not adding this to my iPhone plan because I am on my work's account, so I can be swayed to go with any of the three carriers.

What do you think?

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd go with Verizon for broader LTE coverage, but it's ultimately going to be your call and who you feel comfortable with.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
How much and where do you travel? The AT&T version's flavor of LTE is supported in the US and Canada. The Verizon/Sprint flavor of LTE works would not work in Canada but would work in more places worldwide.

Note: the above is based on how the LTE works on the iPhone 5. It's probably the same but you should verify.

I don't travel outside of the US much at all and if/when I do I will not be using cellular service.

I am leaning towards Verizon simply for their coverage but may choose AT&T for the $30/3gb plan, since I use anywhere from 2-5gb with my iPhone, I'm sure ill use 2-3gb with iPad.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't travel outside of the US much at all and if/when I do I will not be using cellular service.

I am leaning towards Verizon simply for their coverage but may choose AT&T for the $30/3gb plan, since I use anywhere from 2-5gb with my iPhone, I'm sure ill use 2-3gb with iPad.

Expect to use more data on the iPad. You'll likely be grabbing that before your phone for most browsing.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Expect to use more data on the iPad. You'll likely be grabbing that before your phone for most browsing.

I was thinking about that but when I'm home or at work I'll be on wifi, if I'm out and about most likely I will turn to my iPhone or if I'm over a friends house or coffee shop I will use wifi also. I just want the LTE for times when wifi is not available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner