Ipad mini price!!!! Horrible

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
It's more than I was hoping, but even then I was expecting $299.

I think others expectations were too high. They wanted iPad 3/4 specs in a smaller size and Playbook pricing. It will never happen.

It may be technology from the iPad 2, but it's still going to be a great device that will appeal to those wanting a smaller device. It may also draw in people (like me) who never adopted the regular iPad because of the $500+ price tag and large size.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It is not just iPad 2 technology. It has better wiFi, LTE, better cameras, a better case, better display, better battery, new lightning dock - the only thing that's the same is the A5 processor.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really think Apple messed up on this one.. There's a huge psychological factor to pricing the device above the $300 price point. Also, there's the psychological factor of the entry point price. The Google Nexus 7 starts at $199 for the 8GB model... but clearly 8GB is really pushing the limits for a tablet. So most people buy (or try to buy) the 16GB version for $249.

What Apple should have done, in my opinion, is create an entry level iPad Mini at a lower price point (say $249) for 8GB, and then pricing the 16GB version at $329 or even $349 would have seemed like a more competitive deal. By doing that, Apple would have gained the benefit of a sub-$300 entry point, and won the psychological battle.

Even though the iPad Mini is, again IMO, far superior spec-wise to the Nexus 7, the entry points are $130 apart, and that is going to play as a huge difference to the average consumer... despite the superior specs and the 8GB memory bump.

Time will tell how this plays out, and no doubt, Apple will still sell a ton of them... but this device at this price point will not kill the android tablet competition. If anything, it will solidify their position as the low-cost entry level tablet of choice for the masses who shop in price alone.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
The price is ridiculous to be honest, the nexus 7 has more to offer than this with better resolution and an open source software, and what a third of the price cheaper. Apple has gone fruit loop on this pricing structure.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I really think Apple messed up on this one.. There's a huge psychological factor to pricing the device above the $300 price point. Also, there's the psychological factor of the entry point price.

I agree, but just stop and think. They release this now, sell a ton for the holidays, release the iPad mini 2 with retina in the spring time, and keep the non retina version around at the $249-269 price range.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought they should have had an 8gig version for $199. After that 16gig for $299 32gig for $399. $299 for the 16gig being under $300 psychologically sounds better.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The price is ridiculous to be honest, the nexus 7 has more to offer than this with better resolution and an open source software, and what a third of the price cheaper. Apple has gone fruit loop on this pricing structure.

nexus 7......Ha Ha.... ok.... feel free to purchase it.... you don't have to feel obligated to Purchase one.... Apple will be ok...

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
i think apple's pricing has gotten a bit weird too... im wondering how many people will just purchase this over the ipod touch.. just fork over a bit more and you get a tablet instead of an mp3 player.. (yea.. i know, it's so much more than an mp3 player blah blah blah..)

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I disagree. Apple market themselves as a premium brand. You pay premium for the "Experience" . Just like buying a BMW.
Except the "Experience" in this case is the privilege of buying more stuff(apps, music, accessories etc) from Apple's HUGH store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods