View Poll Results: Will you be getting an iPad Mini?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah pre-ordering this Friday

55 51.89%
  • Yeah but will wait for the 2nd generation with Retina

22 20.75%
  • I already have an iPad

22 20.75%
  • iPad Mini is out?

7 6.60%
    OK after watching that keynote I want one. I have a 3rd generation iPad, which is actually old now after a couple months, and an iPhone 5. So I didn't plan to get one but know my wife wants one so it would happen eventually. So who else has cast off their doubt and is picking one up?
    10-23-2012 03:06 PM
    I would get one for my kids, but I'm looking to replace my iPad 2 with the new 9.7 retina w/LTE.
    10-23-2012 03:46 PM
    I didn't watch the keynote presentation, but I am not planning on replacing my iPad 2 for either the new iPad or the brand new 4th generation Ipad. I ***may*** purchase an iPad mini for my youngest son, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
    10-23-2012 03:49 PM
    I'm considering an iPad mini because I've always said the current iPad size was too big (my father has the first iPad).

I wish the price point was a touch lower though.
    10-23-2012 03:58 PM
    I'm going to get two minis,one for me and my son he loves my iPad lol
    10-23-2012 04:10 PM
    Lolno
    10-23-2012 04:19 PM
    I want the white one. Eventually I will get one......
    10-23-2012 04:34 PM
    I am getting one for my daughter and ditching her iPod Touch 4th Gen. She love to watch shows and movies and this will be much better and keep her away from my iPad

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting one for my daughter and ditching her iPod Touch 4th Gen. She love to watch shows and movies and this will be much better and keep her away from my iPad
    Ipheuria likes this.
    10-23-2012 04:38 PM
    Maybe. My grandson just talked me out of my iPod, and if I don't replace it with another iPod, I may go with the iPad Mini...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe. My grandson just talked me out of my iPod, and if I don't replace it with another iPod, I may go with the iPad Mini...
    10-23-2012 04:38 PM
    I'm going to be getting a Mini for my little three year old. Perfect learning device for him. And plus I'll use it when he's not I'm sure.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-23-2012 05:31 PM
    I'll be purchasing an iPad mini in November. I may get the 13" Retina MBP, too.
    10-23-2012 05:41 PM
    My birthday is in November so I guess I'll get myself a birthday present...LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

My birthday is in November so I guess I'll get myself a birthday present...LOL!
    10-23-2012 05:47 PM
    I really wanted an ipad mini to replace my playbook. But at $329 and no retina display, I will not be buying one. Hell the display on my playbook has better resolution. Good luck Apple. Hope you end up with 5 million of them in inventory and then have to discount them like Blackberry.

- - - Updated - - -

I really wanted an ipad mini to replace my playbook. But at $329 and no retina display, I will not be buying one. Hell the display on my playbook has better resolution. Good luck Apple. Hope you end up with 5 million of them in inventory and then have to discount them like Blackberry.
    10-23-2012 05:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. But I guess you can dream...
    10-23-2012 05:58 PM

- - - Updated - - -

You hope them to fail... Wow !!!
    10-23-2012 06:04 PM
    I wont be getting one, I'm waiting and saving for a 15" rMBP and my iphone 5 is all I need for now..
    10-23-2012 06:06 PM
    You hope them to fail... Wow !!!
    I stopped short of HgH, but it's true. --> (Haters gotta Hate) <---
    10-23-2012 06:10 PM
    Ok some apple fan things I really get I do, but I really don't understand how so many of you are going to dump your hard earned money into a tablet that isnt even up to snuff. I personally would rather spend the money on a 10" IPad 2, before I would even think about the mini. That screen is just horrific, the IPhone 3G has the same PPI as the new IPAD mini. The new Google Android Nexus 7, and BlackBerry Playbook have a better resolution. Then there is the Price, and all I can say is WOW. I wonder if that's why the Stock price dropped like a ROCK today? This move by apple just screams out "We got you now". I guess the device is good in other ways, but not for the price. Now if I could just come up with a product to suck people in like Apple does OH BOY!!!!
    seanpr likes this.
    10-23-2012 06:26 PM
    Ok some apple fan things I really get I do, but I really don't understand how so many of you are going to dump your hard earned money into a tablet that isnt even up to snuff. I personally would rather spend the money on a 10" IPad 2, before I would even think about the mini. That screen is horrific even the IPhone 3G has a better display than this mini. Then there is the Price, and all I can say is WOW. I wonder if thats why the Stock price dropped like a ROCK today? This move by apple just screams out "We got you now". I guess the device is good in other ways, but not for the price. Now if I could just come up with a product to suck people in like Apple does OH BOY!!!!
    I do agree the price is higher than I expected and I also see the screen resolution as a let down for some users, but this is a very important first step for Apple to enter the small tablet market...
    10-23-2012 06:36 PM
    I will be selling my iPad 2 and getting the new iPad although I do want to take a look @ the mini-me iPad even though I think it will be too small for my use.
    10-23-2012 06:53 PM
    After careful thought, I think I might get the Kindle Paperwhite instead of the iPad mini. The lack of the anti-glare screen is a deal breaker. I've been spoiled by the screen on the iPhone 5. I can read that in the direct sun. I wanted the mini mainly for reading, and having the iPad apps was just topping on the cake. If I can't read it everywhere, it isn't worth the extra expense. :-(
    10-23-2012 06:57 PM
    Without a doubt, I will be getting one. HOW I am going to get one is the real question... Lol.

Iterated in Sancho's brain.

Sent from iPhone 4S,
    Using Tapatalk
    10-23-2012 07:01 PM
    Was really hoping for a step up on screen res and hardware specs. I'll pass on this one. The price is way too much for something so outdated.
    10-23-2012 07:29 PM
    The cost to build on the Mini is over $200. So its not surprising to see the $329 price. I think most people were betting on $299, but that would really cut into the margins, so no dice.

I will buy one. Its perfect for what I need and the screen resolution is fine. All the reporters who got to play with it thought the screen looked great. If I need something larger, I'm going for a MBP 13" Retina.
    10-23-2012 07:44 PM
    Was really hoping for a step up on screen res and hardware specs. I'll pass on this one. The price is way too much for something so outdated.
    The price is not right in my opinion but it's a good start, remember this is their first product on the small tablet market and they always start with a very conservative approach, it is only gonna get better over the next couple of years.
    10-23-2012 07:44 PM
91 123 ...