Who's getting one?

Will you be getting an iPad Mini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kelownadon

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I know price is important to most, but as that seems to be 90% of the issue, let's take that out of the equation. Would you buy one if it was $50 cheaper? I think we all know the answer. The majority would. So clearly a mistake on Apple's part there, but to consistently criticise a product over its price is bizarre. We get it. It's expensive. But I want one, so i'm getting one. It is expensive. It is probably too expensive. But I want an iPad, and the current iPad is too big for my commuting needs, too bulky for my liking - hence why I have used a Kindle and my iPhone for the past few years. But now the iPad mini will cater for my needs. It is perfect for what I want it for, and as an iOS device, I won't have to change the way I operate (even with the Kindle books app). The price is an issue, yes. But not enough of an issue for me. The upgrade from iPhone 4S to 5 is far more a waste of my money than this is. Well happy about the iPad mini

You make a very good case for buying one now. However, what do you do when Apple releases the next version in March with a retina display? In my mind I would be totally pissed off that I just wasted $350.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
You make a very good case for buying one now. However, what do you do when Apple releases the next version in March with a retina display? In my mind I would be totally pissed off that I just wasted $350.

The Retina display issue is what has me on the fence as well.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Who is to say there will be a March release of anything iPad related? Apple may have just done this to get on a Fall release schedule of all their products.

The point is you never know what is going to release tomorrow. There is that inherent risk, especially with technology. Sure it is to be considered, but if you have been waiting for something like this, just buy it, you will always get something for it when you resale.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I seriously doubt this is going to happen. I think the reason that they announced a new iPad generation so early is because they wanted to transition the iPad release schedule back to the fall, so they figured it was either release one now or not release one until next fall. They made a call, and it was a smart one, financially at least.

The next generation of iPad and iPad mini shouldn't be coming around until next fall at the earliest.

Even if this is the case, look at android tablets. New ones come out practically every month with something new and "better". As long as you're happy with what you have, who cares what else is out there? Your money wasn't wasted as long as you love the device you have!

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
It's not wasted. Use CL to sell the one you bought once the new one is announced. I've done this with iPhone 4, 4S, iPad 1-2, and iPhone 5. I always get enough to cover the cost. I just put my iPad 3 on CL last night for $515 and people want to meet up. I always shoot high bc folks want to talk you down. Shoot higher than what you actually want so when you "lower" your price it's what u needed anyway.

I think I'm gonna get a 32 or 64GB white mini this time. Trying to decide between wifi or LTE. I usually just tether via jailbreak but who knows if one will come out for iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kelownadon

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I just solved my problem. I bought an ipod touch 4th generation on CL. Now I will have something I can carry around with me at all times to surf the internet and use my Playbook while sitting in front of the TV. Will buy the mini when the retina display comes along.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to be getting a Mini for my little three year old. Perfect learning device for him. And plus I'll use it when he's not I'm sure.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Are you sure it wont be him using it when you're not :p lol just kidding.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok some apple fan things I really get I do, but I really don't understand how so many of you are going to dump your hard earned money into a tablet that isnt even up to snuff. I personally would rather spend the money on a 10" IPad 2, before I would even think about the mini. That screen is just horrific, the IPhone 3G has the same PPI as the new IPAD mini. The new Google Android Nexus 7, and BlackBerry Playbook have a better resolution. Then there is the Price, and all I can say is WOW. I wonder if that's why the Stock price dropped like a ROCK today? This move by apple just screams out "We got you now". I guess the device is good in other ways, but not for the price. Now if I could just come up with a product to suck people in like Apple does:) OH BOY!!!!

OK here's my problem with posts like yours You don't think it's worth the money so how could anyone else in the world? It's called choice, for the same reason people buy $60,000 watches, $100,000 cars. They can and it fills a need or want for them. I know the hardware inside is not cutting edge and sure the price is $50 over what I would have preferred. I mean reall though it's $50 bucks, some people drop that in two weeks on beer, cigarettes or other things that only last a couple days. Sure if it's too expensive for someone to buy don't buy it. If you don't see the need don't buy it. However if someone else sees the need don't belittle their reasoning. Choice is there to fulfill everyone's needs and wishes.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OK here's my problem with posts like yours You don't think it's worth the money so how could anyone else in the world? It's called choice, for the same reason people buy $60,000 watches, $100,000 cars. They can and it fills a need or want for them. I know the hardware inside is not cutting edge and sure the price is $50 over what I would have preferred. I mean reall though it's $50 bucks, some people drop that in two weeks on beer, cigarettes or other things that only last a couple days. Sure if it's too expensive for someone to buy don't buy it. If you don't see the need don't buy it. However if someone else sees the need don't belittle their reasoning. Choice is there to fulfill everyone's needs and wishes.

Very well stated, Ricky.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it wont be him using it when you're not :p lol just kidding.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the truth I speed well over 50 in a week on my needs lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2