Who's getting one?

Will you be getting an iPad Mini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
After careful thought, I think I might get the Kindle Paperwhite instead of the iPad mini. The lack of the anti-glare screen is a deal breaker. I've been spoiled by the screen on the iPhone 5. I can read that in the direct sun. I wanted the mini mainly for reading, and having the iPad apps was just topping on the cake. If I can't read it everywhere, it isn't worth the extra expense. :-(

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Without a doubt, I will be getting one. HOW I am going to get one is the real question... Lol.

Iterated in Sancho's brain.

Sent from iPhone 4S,
Using Tapatalk

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Was really hoping for a step up on screen res and hardware specs. I'll pass on this one. The price is way too much for something so outdated.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The cost to build on the Mini is over $200. So its not surprising to see the $329 price. I think most people were betting on $299, but that would really cut into the margins, so no dice.

I will buy one. Its perfect for what I need and the screen resolution is fine. All the reporters who got to play with it thought the screen looked great. If I need something larger, I'm going for a MBP 13" Retina.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Was really hoping for a step up on screen res and hardware specs. I'll pass on this one. The price is way too much for something so outdated.

The price is not right in my opinion but it's a good start, remember this is their first product on the small tablet market and they always start with a very conservative approach, it is only gonna get better over the next couple of years.

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have no argument with the resolution. I am happy with the resolution on my iPad 2. It's the glare on the screen while trying to read outside or waiting in my car that keeps me from using it to read there. The iPad mini won't be any different and that is a deal breaker. :-( I would even pay the price if it were anti-glare...

Oh, yeah, I'm 71 and might not have a couple of years. <g>

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I have no argument with the resolution. I am happy with the resolution on my iPad 2. It's the glare on the screen while trying to read outside or waiting in my car that keeps me from using it to read there. The iPad mini won't be any different and that is a deal breaker. :-( I would even pay the price if it were anti-glare...

Oh, yeah, I'm 71 and might not have a couple of years. <g>

or you could have 20 more... Come on !!!

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what people were expecting. iPad 3/4 specs, and a smaller size at the price of a Playbook?

I admit paying $329 is more than I'd like, but even then I was expecting $299.

I'm not 100% sold on it yet, but I like the size. I was thinking of a refurb iPad 3 but I'd rather just stick with the new lightning connector.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The price is not right in my opinion but it's a good start, remember this is their first product on the small tablet market and they always start with a very conservative approach, it is only gonna get better over the next couple of years.

I really think Apple messed up on this one.. There's a huge psychological factor to pricing the device above the $300 price point. Also, there's the psychological factor of the entry point price. The Google Nexus 7 starts at $199 for the 8GB model... but clearly 8GB is really pushing the limits for a tablet. So most people buy (or try to buy) the 16GB version for $249.

What Apple should have done, in my opinion, is create an entry level iPad Mini at a lower price point (say $249) for 8GB, and then pricing the 16GB version at $329 or even $349 would have seemed like a more competitive deal. By doing that, Apple would have gained the benefit of a sub-$300 entry point, and won the psychological battle.

Even though the iPad Mini is, again IMO, far superior spec-wise to the Nexus 7, the entry points are $130 apart, and that is going to play as a huge difference to the average consumer... despite the superior specs and the 8GB memory bump.

Time will tell how this plays out, and no doubt, Apple will still sell a ton of them... but this device at this price point will not kill the android tablet competition. If anything, it will solidify their position as the low-cost entry level tablet of choice for the masses who shop in price alone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Prob will get one for the wife but ill stick with my iPad 2 until iPad 5 comes the 4th gen seemed like bump just cause they wanted to change the connecter

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I would love to get one but I am going to wait. I am only waiting bc I am afraid they will release the retina version in springtime......for $329 and retina I think it is a great deal, $329 for that display is a little steep IMO.....Apple can only blame themselves on me wanting retina, they spoiled me!

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I want a LTE device and unfortunately they are not available until November, so I will be pre-ordering one as soon as they are announced.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I would love to get one but I am going to wait. I am only waiting bc I am afraid they will release the retina version in springtime......for $329 and retina I think it is a great deal, $329 for that display is a little steep IMO.....Apple can only blame themselves on me wanting retina, they spoiled me!

Interesting thought there...but with the size of the tablet, do you really need retina display? Not bashing your personal choice, but just curious.

I may be pre-ordering, though I really would rather see one in person and play with it. I have not made up my mind yet, but I have definitely been waiting for a smaller iPad.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I see everyone is knocking the screen. All the on hands reviews I've read seem to be positive. Guess I will just wait and see one in person. I'm assuming Apple will have them in stores on the 2nd?