iPad Mini Price

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Coolest parent ever!!!

Thanks. But my hand is being forced here as the 5th graders in our school district are being handed one out by the school. Not to mention how his homework refers to specific apps. No wonder our property taxes are so high.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You obviously like to give money away then. ;) And I said $200-$250 range. Let me put this in perspective for you. Apple currently sells the iPad 2 at $400 in the 16 GB flavor. What makes you think they wouldn't sell a much smaller device with half the memory of that with a similar but smaller screen at $200-$250? A. Please don't mention any other Apple device like an iPod touch. Means nothing.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't expect you to pay up. Don't worry.

Came in right where I predicted...based entirely on the other products that Apple offers.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
329 is a bad price point. 1- it is too much higher then the competition (nexus 7 and kindle fire hd) and as much of a fanboy as I am, those are competitive to the iPad mini. Wonder why they choose to show the museum website and not some flash based website in the keynote. ;) 2- 329 is too high if you're going to offer iPad 2 at 399 and one can buy a refurbished iPad 2 from Walmart for 339.

I did expect them to offer an 8gb version that would be in the 200-250 range. Oh well.

They will still sell a ton of them at 329 because your typical consumer is an idiot but they would have sold double the units at 299. Can't wait for the parts/cost numbers to come out.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When i saw the $329 pricing for the base line, i laughed. Is the iPad Mini worth $329? Sure it is! It's a great piece of consumer tech. But like the retina macbook pro's, their pricing scale seems to be skewed...this thing should have been in the $250-$300 range, and the new macbook pro's should have started at $1,499.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
When i saw the $329 pricing for the base line, i laughed. Is the iPad Mini worth $329? Sure it is! It's a great piece of consumer tech. But like the retina macbook pro's, their pricing scale seems to be skewed...this thing should have been in the $250-$300 range, and the new macbook pro's should have started at $1,499.

I agree

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I was expecting 299.99 for the iPad Mini. So in that sense I feel it is just a touch high.

Things I would have liked but did not expect would have been the A6 processor in it, and retina display.
If it had those, I would say that would have pushed it into the more than likely purchasing column.
For now, not sure if we will buy one, will have to see it in person and get a feel for it.

We like our current iPad, and are interested in the 4th generation iPad as well.

:)

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I can only repeat what I already stated in anothr thread on the same subject:

Agree with the OP - they should have targeted 299$ - but anyhow I am starting to wonder about their market strategy, considering the whole bunch of different devices they have released and announced these days ... Because with this approach they just state that they can do as good as a number of other mass product brands - they get away from there more exclusive brand image

raremage

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
They're only competitive to the iPad Mini until you actually use them. Then they fade away next to the iPad experience. I own a Nexus (as well as an iPad 3 and a BB Playbook). I've been wanting an iPad I could actually put into a jacket or back pocket for years. Got the PB and theN the N7 hoping they would fit the bill. Neither did. The N7, while a nice device, lacks the polish, depth of quality applications, and underlying ecosystem to really meet my needs (not to mention lacking LTE and ubiquitous Internet access). The kindle Fire is in a similar boat, based on my research. I won't even start on the PlayBook, it's next to useless for the same reason, only an order of magnitude worse.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2