Have you ever used utility apps like phone scanners? Are you a business owner running a business process on an enterprise app? Be it an individual or a firm, your trade secrets, quotations, employee data, and more sensitive information are all out there. You could be a start up or a SMB with a retail app that stores users credit card and bank account details. You could be an app owner whose app works on the freemium model, trading money for features or you could be an individual providing access to your media files and portfolio to use the dog face filter in Snapchat. When you trade your data for an app service and vice-a versa, do you wonder where and how is this data being guarded.
    05-27-2016 04:58 AM
    As long as any of the apps that are on my phone came through the App Store, I dont worry too much about the data on the phone. It isnt likely that an app that would abuse the data on your phone would get into the app store in the first place. Indeed, it has happened, but far less frequently than one would think.

Id say if an app seems shady, stay away from it. I always do due diligence in reading over the app description to see how well it is described, how time and effort is put into promoting it and I also make sure to look at user ratings of the app. All of this can help tell you if an app is dangerous or not. The biggest thing is not downloading apps from third-party sources.

As for people stealing my phone and trying to pull data off of it, Im not too concerned, especially since now that Apple has seemed to fix the lockscreen bypass bugs. As long as there is a lock code on the phone, the data is encrypted.
    05-27-2016 11:54 AM
    05-31-2016 09:08 AM