How did you get your username?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
All right, I occasionally like to explain my username since people like to pronounce it correctly. I have been using the same username since 2005. Here's the story, I'm a big Metallica fan, used to be a huge Metallica fan. On their first album they have song called Metal Militia, that's where the militia comes from. The first part is a misspelling of Metallica, metllica, it does not have the first a. This was intentional. In Metallica's documentary Some Kind of Monster, there's a scene during the portion showing James Hetfield's anger issues back in the day, and he misspelled Metallica on a mic stand as metllica. I thought it was funny, and metllicamilitia was born.

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I wanted something cute and clever but Thetis was taken. Username was taken. iRack was available! Score! Then right before the final tap I realized how offensive that could be on so many levels and how easily I might be mistaken for a troll and context won out over cute.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
It's my first and middle name...nothing fancy. Nikki Sharif

ill join the 'Boring' club with you :D

I guess i was also kinda boring with my UserName, i get called 'Matty' quite often at school and when I'm working so i just decided to keep that. Since my name is 'Matt' Additionally, i was thinking that, if i ever started working for iMore or Mobile Nations i would like to keep my username the same since people might know me by that, and if my userName was 'ZombieSlayer4420' or even 'UpsideDowniceCreamDrinker' it wouldn't look to good hahah :D

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
ill join the 'Boring' club with you :D

I guess i was also kinda boring with my UserName, i get called 'Matty' quite often at school and when I'm working so i just decided to keep that. Since my name is 'Matt' Additionally, i was thinking that, if i ever started working for iMore or Mobile Nations i would like to keep my username the same since people might know me by that, and if my userName was 'ZombieSlayer4420' or even 'UpsideDowniceCreamDrinker' it wouldn't look to good hahah :D

4mywife

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Trying to decide one day what my email name would be and it just came out of my mouth and 4mywife is what I came up with. It only made sense since I am someone's wife. It is hard to come up with something that is not taken. Even your own name is taken most of the time. LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox