Maybe the 6+ is looked at in the wrong way.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Maybe you're looking at the 6 Plus the wrong way.
That's all it needs to be. A bigger iPhone.
As far as marketing. All you have to do is say
"New iPhone" and folks line up. It's pretty automatic. Been that way for almost 8 years.
This year Apple said "New bigger iPhone but 2 of them. Same thing folks lined up. Again they are making billions. Customers are satisfied.
So what's the problem?

Who knows you're probably right and there was no problem at all ... or was it ? nah seriously it was just a "if" discussion.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy the plus my hands are big and long and I can type and see things normal everyone is not the same size and im glad that apple is accommodating to the bigger crowd

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Something funny, I haven't attacked nobody in this thread and I won't, I'm not demanding anything, throwing a tantrum, or ranting, and my position is a consumer who is satisfied with the purchase that I made.

"an insistent and peremptory request, made as if by right." Whether you're passive aggressively suggesting we need to provide facts to refute your self-labeled weak opinion or you're boldly stating you're owed facts, you're making a demand. The entire post is a rant about how it was marketed. Your position is irrelevant and your claim is a tad dishonest. If you were as satisfied as you suggest, this thread wouldn't exist.

"Even if we play in your make believe world", "If you want people to treat you like an adult and give you grown up arguments, stop acting like a child." Where is that coming from?
It's coming from your general posts having the substance of "NUH UH. IT NEEDED TO BE MARKETED DIFFERENTLY!!1!" You've offered absolutely zero substance in any of your points.

Also "It's such simple common sense that you shouldn't be attempting to argue the problem is in marketing" who's arguing its an opinion I never said there was a problem, I asked or stated an opinion "IF" it was marketed differently so many people would have bought a 6+ just to return it saying that its to big for whatever ______ to buy the 6 instead.
Do we need to give you a dictionary for "argue" and "problem" as well? Your posts have been an argument throughout the thread. You posed a situation and stated where you believed there were problems with it. You do understand problem and opinion aren't mutually exclusive, correct? If so, you'd know it's foolish to claim you were stating an opinion as if that shows you don't believe there is a problem.

I really just wonder if the 6 and 6+ were marketed differently would the average consumer know exactly what device they want.

If you need Apple to tell you what you want, your opinion really isn't worthwhile in the first place. The crowd that would choose a device because it's called a "phablet" rather than a "large phone" are fickle enough to render your entire point moot. This isn't something intelligent you're pointing out. You're making a baseless claim and being surprised that people don't think it's anything other than nonsense.

"I'm not sure you know what a cliche is. You certainly didn't use the word correctly up above." I read this then "googled" the definition I believe I used it right.

The word you were looking for is "analogy." I gave you an analogy. If you'd like to show your correct usage of "cliche," you're more than welcome to show me how it was a cliche. However, you'll need to understand the point I was making first. It clearly went over your head if you believe it was a cliche.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's a nice phone as is the 6. Apple gave us a choice of two nice phones this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
"an insistent and peremptory request, made as if by right." Whether you're passive aggressively suggesting we need to provide facts to refute your self-labeled weak opinion or you're boldly stating you're owed facts, you're making a demand. The entire post is a rant about how it was marketed. Your position is irrelevant and your claim is a tad dishonest. If you were as satisfied as you suggest, this thread wouldn't exist.

It's coming from your general posts having the substance of "NUH UH. IT NEEDED TO BE MARKETED DIFFERENTLY!!1!" You've offered absolutely zero substance in any of your points.

Do we need to give you a dictionary for "argue" and "problem" as well? Your posts have been an argument throughout the thread. You posed a situation and stated where you believed there were problems with it. You do understand problem and opinion aren't mutually exclusive, correct? If so, you'd know it's foolish to claim you were stating an opinion as if that shows you don't believe there is a problem.

If you need Apple to tell you what you want, your opinion really isn't worthwhile in the first place. The crowd that would choose a device because it's called a "phablet" rather than a "large phone" are fickle enough to render your entire point moot. This isn't something intelligent you're pointing out. You're making a baseless claim and being surprised that people don't think it's anything other than nonsense.

The word you were looking for is "analogy." I gave you an analogy. If you'd like to show your correct usage of "cliche," you're more than welcome to show me how it was a cliche. However, you'll need to understand the point I was making first. It clearly went over your head if you believe it was a cliche.

Dude i didn't even bother reading all of this but I can tell you that I am satisfied with my phone, and if you look up the definition of cliche you find that I think your "analogy" was very "cliche" in other words I was saying you were "beating a dead horse" like we're doing now so let's just agree to disagree.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dude i didn't even bother reading all of this but I can tell you that I am satisfied with my phone, and if you look up the definition of cliche you find that I think your "analogy" was very "cliche" in other words I was saying you were "beating a dead horse" like we're doing now so let's just agree to disagree.

If you're not going to read the retorts, move on from the discussion. That is a pitiful and lazy cop out from someone who knows they are already defeated in terms of the debate.

Not joking so serious, where are your facts ? I can say "they do it to make money" but my original perspective is still the same I think that if marketed a little different and released a little later the 6+ would definitely be more than just a bigger 6 with OIS and a rotating home screen. As far as it being a trial again I love my device and hope that it will see future generations but I'm not going to pretend that the iPhone "c" models got refreshed along with the 6, and I don't "blame" Apple for doing this I'm just saying where are the facts that they don't? Also wouldn't my understanding about "saturated test products" show that I have some form of a realistic view of development?

Where are my facts? Really? My facts are in the constant flow of news reports of the record breaking sales numbers Apple made following the release of the 6 and 6 Plus...that's just one source of FACTS.

You still fail to grasp what Apple is trying to do with the 6 Plus. They don't WANT it to be a different level of device...they want it to be an iPhone that is appealing to consumers who want a bigger screen. They're not going to cannibalize iPad sales knowingly by creating another category in their line up, nor are they going to isolate iPhone 6 buyers by making a "step up" device with the Plus "line" seem like the defined higher end choice.

This harps back to the same reason the Macbook Pro and Macbook Air are marketed the way they are...Apple doesn't make you feel the Air is the "entry" model, they market the hardware as a different option with focus in other arenas (ultra light weight and small size)...but at the same time, they make sure that potential MBP buyers feel similar concern is being paid to that device as well...making it smaller and lighter.

In fact, if you go through Apple's entire lineup of products, each and every device has a consumer base focus, but none of products are pushed as "better" than the other, just different. And they've been monumentally successful with this business tactic. They sell unbelievable amounts of hardware across the spectrum, and they retain customer satisfaction levels beyond ANY other company most years (the only competition being Amazon lately in terms of satisfaction numbers).

And somehow, you feel changing their approach would be optimal based on the idea of further segregating devices based on their abilities, essentially placing one above another as a defined "higher" level option.

"Apple at least produces a new model every year with significant and noticeable changes...regardless of what nay sayers say." Ok .....?

If this is your level of input, why even bother to participate? It's like asking a kid why they did something and they respond "Because."

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're not going to read the retorts, move on from the discussion. That is a pitiful and lazy cop out from someone who knows they are already defeated in terms of the debate.

Where are my facts? Really? My facts are in the constant flow of news reports of the record breaking sales numbers Apple made following the release of the 6 and 6 Plus...that's just one source of FACTS.

You still fail to grasp what Apple is trying to do with the 6 Plus. They don't WANT it to be a different level of device...they want it to be an iPhone that is appealing to consumers who want a bigger screen. They're not going to cannibalize iPad sales knowingly by creating another category in their line up, nor are they going to isolate iPhone 6 buyers by making a "step up" device with the Plus "line" seem like the defined higher end choice.

This harps back to the same reason the Macbook Pro and Macbook Air are marketed the way they are...Apple doesn't make you feel the Air is the "entry" model, they market the hardware as a different option with focus in other arenas (ultra light weight and small size)...but at the same time, they make sure that potential MBP buyers feel similar concern is being paid to that device as well...making it smaller and lighter.

In fact, if you go through Apple's entire lineup of products, each and every device has a consumer base focus, but none of products are pushed as "better" than the other, just different. And they've been monumentally successful with this business tactic. They sell unbelievable amounts of hardware across the spectrum, and they retain customer satisfaction levels beyond ANY other company most years (the only competition being Amazon lately in terms of satisfaction numbers).

And somehow, you feel changing their approach would be optimal based on the idea of further segregating devices based on their abilities, essentially placing one above another as a defined "higher" level option.

If this is your level of input, why even bother to participate? It's like asking a kid why they did something and they respond "Because."

Now that is about as clear as it can get, in my opinion...:)

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Sean it's not that I didn't want to take time to read that retort it's just that the person went from a debate about a business to being personal and I'm not gonna do personal with anyone that I don't know personally.

I can debate with you because we are defending our opinions without the need for going for blood, so that's why I said i would just agree to disagree to that other comment and bow out since this discussion has (if you read some of the other post) went out of the context.

I never said apple sucks, in fact that's why I made the switch.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sean it's not that I didn't want to take time to read that retort it's just that the person went from a debate about a business to being personal and I'm not gonna do personal with anyone that I don't know personally.

I can debate with you because we are defending our opinions without the need for going for blood, so that's why I said i would just agree to disagree to that other comment and bow out since this discussion has (if you read some of the other post) went out of the context.

Fair enough.

I never said apple sucks, in fact that's why I made the switch.

I never said you said Apple sucks...I said that your idea for what Apple should do in terms of the iPhone 6 was just not in line with what Apple has done (which has been extremely successful for them...far beyond what segregating devices as higher end and lower end would do).

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Fair enough.

I never said you said Apple sucks...I said that your idea for what Apple should do in terms of the iPhone 6 was just not in line with what Apple has done (which has been extremely successful for them...far beyond what segregating devices as higher end and lower end would do).

I was just reiterating that to anyone else who has read this thread, and I get that they don't want a divide of higher and lower end devices but thats kind of what they did with this release.

I was watching my local news a couple of days ago, and they reported that Apple has enough money to give everyone in the United States over $500, that is a huge cash pile and I would agree that they were very successful especially since this iPhone release.

I just wish that Apple since they jumped on the bigger smartphone band wagon would have "owned" the term "phablet", hell imagine when they were doing the keynote for the new iPhones if they unveiled the iPhone 6 then Tim Cook turns to the crowd and says "Also we have a new product, I would like to show you Apples first phablet ... iPhone 6+." I believe that definitely would have define this category of larger devices as well as took a word we use as slang to describe these devices and made it a thing.

Now I know that HTC was one of the first to make large screened smartphones back during the times of Windows Mobile, then Samsung started with its offerings with the "S2" and later with the "Note" but no one ever defined the "Note" or larger phones as a phablet besides tech blogs, I believe if Apple would have "taken" the word from the blogs and said "hey now we offer two devices, you can get a 4.7' smartphone or a 5.5' phablet" the marketing would have fell in line on its own and "iPhone shoppers" would know category they want to try and what they definitely want to buy.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
YOU wanted that...Apple never wanted that, just like Apple never wanted their devices to be related with the term "NFC", so they created Apple Pay, so it remained defined by Apple.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
So many people wanted larger iPhones and it has paid off. I've read so many posts in Android Central from members saying they wanted a bigger iPhone, "If only the iPhone was bigger". Apple did the smart thing and listened and it's paying off huge dividends.

...and I don't think most people give the slightest rat's -heiny about what its called, but perhaps they do.

konilim

May 12, 2015
Visit site
They are definitely going to come with a new name, but only when the idea of an iphone becomes tired. I think we are already seeing signs, so they will try to reinvent it in some way which doesn't just mean bigger.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73