Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Most college students change their majors. You grow and you learn in college. I actually had quite a few life changing experiences in college. So he has every right to do what's best for him and do what's going make him happy.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Who said anything to the contrary? My comment was in regard to the singularity of failing one class and having it derail a degree path...if that happened, the person working on that degree was in the wrong path to begin with, and it had little to do with failing it. I was also referencing his comments about how his grades had little to nothing to do with his knowledge on the subject...when it comes to math, that's really the ONLY thing that matters...that or having a stellar memory.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My major curriculum is set that you can do whatever classes you choose, I chose to try 2 business classes to see how it was and I didn't like it, so I am changing my major. Best to figure it out now instead of trying to switch 2 years later.

Based on this conversation, you made a very wise choice for your future by doing so.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Who said anything to the contrary? My comment was in regard to the singularity of failing one class and having it derail a degree path...if that happened, the person working on that degree was in the wrong path to begin with, and it had little to do with failing it. I was also referencing his comments about how his grades had little to nothing to do with his knowledge on the subject...when it comes to math, that's really the ONLY thing that matters...that or having a stellar memory.
Mainly working on problem solving and remembering forumals, that is a lot when it is required to have a note card or formal sheet to even do a test.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Great reading for a Tuesday morning when I'm iced in.
Calculus is an advanced course if your major Is history or literature.
For business majors it's a requirement because it is a prerequisite core for further analytics classes. If you go into an MBA it is simply the first in a series of analytics and then advanced courses.
For hard sciences such as physics, calculus is basic entry level.
Therefore saying that calculus is advanced math is inaccurate because it does not take into account the context. For a middle school child it's a gifted class. For a physics bound freshman it's a basic entry core class.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the whole idea of a low cost iPhone, I agree that it's not a good idea for the brand. And not Apple's focus. Lesson learned from the 5c is that people would rather wait for last year's model on sale than to get a lower prices iPhone UNLESS it is priced extra low and aimed at kids' first smartphone.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the whole idea of a low cost iPhone, I agree that it's not a good idea for the brand. And not Apple's focus. Lesson learned from the 5c is that people would rather wait for last year's model on sale than to get a lower prices iPhone UNLESS it is priced extra low and aimed at kids' first smartphone.

The iPhone 5c wasn't a failure per say. Apple sold more 5C's than any single android model sold...
BUT, it wasn't really meant to be a low cost iPhone either.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5c wasn't a failure per say. Apple sold more 5C's than any single android model sold...
BUT, it wasn't really meant to be a low cost iPhone either.

Oh I don't think it was a failure, just not as successful as initially thought.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
It is not only about profit, it is about getting the next billion customers with smartphones.

All I seen so far is people complaining about the brand devaluation, and saying Apple makes enough money.

It is also about how to get new customers as well and not just old ones.

I still not have seen legitimate reasons why they shouldn't do it.

Here's your next "Billion" customers right here: IPhone 6 Preorders: China Set To Surpass US As Apple's Biggest Smartphone Market

Apple doesn't need to sell cheap iPhones to gain marketshare anymore than Mercedes-Benz needs to make cheap cars. Mercedes Sales Surge in China - 24/7 Wall St.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Great reading for a Tuesday morning when I'm iced in.
Calculus is an advanced course if your major Is history or literature.
For business majors it's a requirement because it is a prerequisite core for further analytics classes. If you go into an MBA it is simply the first in a series of analytics and then advanced courses.
For hard sciences such as physics, calculus is basic entry level.
Therefore saying that calculus is advanced math is inaccurate because it does not take into account the context. For a middle school child it's a gifted class. For a physics bound freshman it's a basic entry core class.

The context is that I did not want to continue a degree if it was going to continue be much harder than I can handle. It is calculus mixed with Statistics, not an easy class. And I have no clue where everyone dismisses it like it is some easy class, it isn't. And I don't know where people live where you can take a class like it in middle school or high school.

Unless it is some private school, Business Statistics wouldn't be a normal class anyone can get into. I was gifted in math, and took Calculus in high school, but for Business Statistics, the theories and various formulas proved a little too much for me to handle personally.

I realized that it would only get harder so, my choice was change the major or keep attempting a field I have no real skill in. I don't plan on wasting my time trying for a major if the work is too much.

Healthcare and sciences have always been my strengths, and I have hospital work experience, and I know I can net a job as a Nurse not long after I graduate. So I changed my major accordingly.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The context is that I did not want to continue a degree if it was going to continue be much harder than I can handle. It is calculus mixed with Statistics, not an easy class. And I have no clue where everyone dismisses it like it is some easy class, it isn't. And I don't know where people live where you can take a class like it in middle school or high school.

Unless it is some private school, Business Statistics wouldn't be a normal class anyone can get into. I was gifted in math, and took Calculus in high school, but for Business Statistics, the theories and various formulas proved a little too much for me to handle personally.

I realized that it would only get harder so, my choice was change the major or keep attempting a field I have no real skill in. I don't plan on wasting my time trying for a major if the work is too much.

Healthcare and sciences have always been my strengths, and I have hospital work experience, and I know I can net a job as a Nurse not long after I graduate. So I changed my major accordingly.

Oh I'm not discussing you specifically. Just the term "advanced" generally when in the context of the field of study.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the course sequence for my major(marketing) I'll have to either take stats or business stats in my junior year

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh I'm not discussing you specifically. Just the term "advanced" generally when in the context of the field of study.

I was meaning advanced in terms of what anyone from high school would be able to do. There is a reason the bulk of my class was sophomores, juniors and seniors. Even then, a lot of people struggled with the class as it is pretty difficult to understand.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was meaning advanced in terms of what anyone from high school would be able to do. There is a reason the bulk of my class was sophomores, juniors and seniors. Even then, a lot of people struggled with the class as it is pretty difficult to understand.

You can't equate what people struggle with with the idea of an advanced class...some people struggle with very basic math...even middle school level math. That doesn't make it advanced.

You seem to struggle between what a word actually means and what you feel a word means. Three words in this thread alone have thrown you for a loop...luxury, advanced and access...all three of them having a very clear definition, and all three of them are fairly skewed from that definition (in meaning) to you.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Looking at the course sequence for my major(marketing) I'll have to either take stats or business stats in my junior year

I just looked up PCC, it is named one of the most conservative colleges in the U.S. and has a ton of rules. You up for a college like that?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I just looked up PCC, it is named one of the most conservative colleges in the U.S. and has a ton of rules. You up for a college like that?

Yes. I've visited there and the rules aren't anything like they are made out online. In fact it's such a warm and welcoming place I've went down several times just to hangout with the extremely friendly students and staff. The same can't be said about most colleges. And I'm conservative, so it's only natural for me to go to a conservative college, right? But this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You can't equate what people struggle with with the idea of an advanced class...some people struggle with very basic math...even middle school level math. That doesn't make it advanced.

You seem to struggle between what a word actually means and what you feel a word means. Three words in this thread alone have thrown you for a loop...luxury, advanced and access...all three of them having a very clear definition, and all three of them are fairly skewed from that definition (in meaning) to you.

Nothing has thrown me for a loop, you just want to insult me in any way shape or form. I understand you may be unable to see where I am coming from, but you are beyond rude. Instead of having a decent conversation on a internet forum, you fell back to argue semantics and otherwise prove your opinion is worth more than my own.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal