Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually confused wasn't iPhone 5C, a low model iPhone. Speaking statically, it didn't fair well. I guess most Apple users are elitists. Me personally, I didn't like the look of the phone.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
That was because someone assumed I am some well off kid. I am not, I am lucky I made it to college (second person ever in my whole family).

Congrats on that! I'm going to college next year(just got accepted like a month ago)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Like I said, I'd be willing to bet they have thought about it and discarded it as a losing strategy. And I'd also bet that they continue to think about it. They didn't get to be the most valuable company in the world by not considering lots of options.
Exactly. They can be considering it, my main point was to what would be the main downsides and so far brand image is the main reason.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That is because the advanced mathematics was tough. Everything else I passed. If people actually ask for details instead of jumping on the attack A895 train...

So what you're trying to tell us is that the one class you failed completely derailed your entire course of study and caused you to choose a totally different (and completely irrelevant) career path, even though you passed EVERYTHING else involved?

And at 20 years old?

Riiiiiiight.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on that! I'm going to college next year(just got accepted like a month ago)

What college? I know people in colleges across Georgia and lower United States. I have friend at Duke, and other friends scattered between GSU, UGA, UWG, and SCAD.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
What college? I know people in colleges across Georgia and lower United States. I have friend at Duke, and other friends scattered between GSU, UGA, UWG, and SCAD.

Pensacola Christian College in Pensacola Florida.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So what you're trying to tell us is that the one class you failed completely derailed your entire course of study and caused you to choose a totally different (and completely irrelevant) career path, even though you passed EVERYTHING else involved?

Yes, I looked at the future classes for the degree and figured that I wouldn't be able to do the even harder stuff. Again, scholarship is on the line, can't keep trying and failing if something ain't right, I have to fix it.

And at 20 years old?

Riiiiiiight.

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

And at 20 years old?

Riiiiiiight.

Most college students change their majors. You grow and you learn in college. I actually had quite a few life changing experiences in college. So he has every right to do what's best for him and do what's going make him happy.

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but I have a business degree. The math required in a business statistics class is in no way tough advanced mathematics. Advanced math is the stuff that the hard sciences use. But a lot of business decisions require the level of math in the business stats class. So, yes, failing that class is indicative of your level of business understanding.

In my Business Stat classes, we use calculus too. I consider calculus to be advanced math.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh I'm sure they've considered it. But it's very telling that in 7 years, it has never been worth it to them. Any company is defined by their brand. And anything that hurts or damages a brand potentially affects the revenues and profitability of the company. The brand image greatly affects a company's share price and market cap. Why did Beats cost Apple $3B? Does Beats have $3B worth of hard assets? The answer is no. A large portion of that purchase was paying for the brand. Did WhatsApp? Or Instagram have billions in hard assets when Facebook acquires them? No. Facebook even tried creating their own knockoffs and consumers didn't accept them because they didn't have the WhatsApp? or Instagram brands. Brand is not some trivial thing that a company can ignore. And that's basic Business 101.

And that's fine, but brand image isn't a strong argument when it can positively affect your brand.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How is that I never called anyone anything yet get told off, yet I have been called several names and they get nothing? How is that acceptable?

Long story short, no one but probably you thinks a low cost iPhone is a viable strategy. This is just the fact of the whole thing, so just accept that opinions have differed and move on. It's not that hard to do...

Maybe your points were right, who knows Apple might be thinking of doing it soon. We'll just see...

We'll just see, let the people have their jabs but you may be right in the future. That's all I will say, guys, I have ACTUAL work to be doing.

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't consider basic calculus to be advanced math. Around here calculus is routinely taught in high school.

I took calculus in high school but it is still advanced. Most high school student don't take AP courses. Key words "advanced placement". I tested into junior level Spanish courses straight from high school does that mean that the Spanish courses I took in college wasn't advanced (300 level). Because I learned that in high school.

MaciLicous

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Around here, most do take AP classes. And a junior level Spanish course is advanced. The years you took in high school were the entry level classes. I started college with well over a semester's worth of college credit from taking many AP classes and I still don't consider any of them advanced. They enabled me to get out of taking the some of the entry level (freshman and sophomore) college classes and proceed directly into the more advanced classes.

I don't know why but I don't like use of "around here". Anyways in others places, most high students don't take AP courses. But I can see it happening at Gifted schools or private schools where the majority would be in AP courses.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Around here, most do take AP classes. And a junior level Spanish course is advanced. The years you took in high school were the entry level classes. I started college with well over a semester's worth of college credit from taking many AP classes and I still don't consider any of them advanced. They enabled me to get out of taking the some of the entry level (freshman and sophomore) college classes and proceed directly into the more advanced classes.
They way you say it, you were exceptionally talented. Not everyone is as gifted. I tool AP classes but didnt do as exceptional as that.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Calculus is. And I previously said that advanced math was what is used in the hard sciences like physics. I've taken business stats and I almost had enough credits for a math minor. Business stats is no where close to being advanced compared to some of those classes.
It is advanced. I remember my Professor saying this is advanced math and theories. It isn't simple math someone straight from high school (most high schools, no clue where you went) would get.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The first two years of college classes are entry level. They largely prepare you for what you need to know as you specialize in your major.
My major curriculum is set that you can do whatever classes you choose, I chose to try 2 business classes to see how it was and I didn't like it, so I am changing my major. Best to figure it out now instead of trying to switch 2 years later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR