Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Retail stores does not equal actual products.

Dolls_Laughing.gif

WHAT!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

I'm done...I can't...I just can't. There's no way around this, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Not even a glimmer. For someone so long winded, you sure say next to nothing.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't get any more specific that that...I even SPECIFICALLY linked a secondary source, since you have some weird opposition to english dictionaries. Are you an enemy of language arts or something? LOL!

You have offered nothing but opinionated banter here. You have called fact perception, and you have ignored clear evidence against your argument (offering none of your own, only further opinionated drivel). It's mind numbing how you ignore things presented to you because they don't follow your agenda...but not surprising, as this isn't the first time we've danced here on the forum, and your tactics were a mirror last time when presented with a similar situation.

You debate like a 5 year old...with the quintessential "why?" after every fact presented, or just purely ignoring what was said. The fact that you couldn't answer my question about Porsche delving into the world of entry economy cars spells out how you yourself see the fault in your own words. You can't pick and choose where the principal applies...it's an all or nothing case.

All or nothing in regards to an internet conversation. Relax for a second. You have only said what your source is not actually provided an actual link, yet when I ask for the link I get the run around like I am so slow nitwit who can't search the internet. That isn't the point, the point is to cite spirfes to back your statements.

Calling me names only undermines your argument and shows you have no patience. And you keep trying.to refer to the cars question, when I already said I have no real talent in car knowledge.

And then you have the nerve to call my words opinionated driven yet continue to push your own opioninated perception, seems ironic.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/4/4a/Dolls_Laughing.gif

I'm done...I can't...I just can't. There's no way around this, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Not even a glimmer. For someone so long winded, you sure say next to nothing.

Why are you taking this so personally, when does hiring someone for retail stores equal the argument that you said was that Apple makes luxury products and is a luxury brand. If they were already luxury why would they hire people to make their stores luxury?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's no different than the newest iPhone costing $199 with a 2-yr agreement at launch and then costing $149 four months from the launch of the newest iPhone and then $99 after the newest iPhone has been officially launched. The same premium quality iPhone is now a "low cost" device. Still, for the sake of arguing, let's say Apple does make a low cost device and are able to get them in the hands of people who are less fortunate in regard to material wealth. What about the wireless plan / wireless coverage? Will there be a low cost data plan, and if so, how much and what does it entail? The device is a one time purchase, but the wireless plan is on-going. Will they be able to sustain the payments?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That's no different than the newest iPhone costing $199 with a 2-yr agreement at launch and then costing $149 four months from the launch of the newest iPhone and then $99 after the newest iPhone has been officially launched. The same premium quality iPhone is now a "low cost" device. Still, for the sake of arguing, let's say Apple does make a list cost device and are able to get them in the hands of people who are signs angry less fortunate in regard to material wealth. What about the wireless plan / wireless coverage? Will there be a low cost data plan and if so, how much and what does it entail? The device is a one time purchase, but the wireless plan is on-going. Will they be able to sustain the payments?

Yes they will just like every other person in third world. They already have pay as you go plans in third world countries such as India, and various countries in Africa, and the middle east. The same plans used by these same people who may have an Android device or WP.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes they will just like every other person in third world. They already have pay as you go plans in third world countries such as India, and various countries in Africa, and the middle east. The same plans used by these same people who may have an Android device or WP.

Oh okay. Well, if they may already have an Android device and are able to communicate with family and friends, why should Apple make a low cost iPhone? It's not a necessity item, and besides, providing something to strive for can have a more positive effect than skimping. I mean, if someone stood next to them with a typical iPhone made of premium materials, will they feel confident enough to display their iPhone made from cheap material? Just something to think about. That's all.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Apple has to focus on making the iPhone what it is, something that's a quality semi-high end, semi-luxury phone for people. Apple's stock and shares show that people do want that kind of a device. Apple makes more of these iPhones to meet demand.

If Apple can make their stock and shares rise to phenomenal heights with that strategy, why would they change it? Why would you want it changed?

alone-and-confused.jpg

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh okay. Well, if they may already have an Android device and are able to communicate with family and friends, why should Apple make a low cost iPhone? It's not a necessity item, and besides, providing something to strive for can have a more positive effect than skimping. I mean, if someone stood next to them with a typical iPhone made of premium materials, will they feel confident enough to display their iPhone made from cheap material? Just something to think about. That's all.

It is another oppurtonity for Apple themselves to stake claim in low cost devices. If you put a device with an Apple logo vs an unknown Android device, which would someone get?

Fanastasia

Banned
Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/4/4a/Dolls_Laughing.gif

For someone so pretentious. You're actually quite asinine and full of .

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why are you taking this so personally, when does hiring someone for retail stores equal the argument that you said was that Apple makes luxury products and is a luxury brand. If they were already luxury why would they hire people to make their stores luxury?

You didn't click that link you're referencing about the hiring or luxury and fashion consultants did you?

And I most certainly did provide links...you apparently ignored them or missed them (which wouldn't be surprising since you seem to miss most points in this thread too).

As far as my car question to you, again (this is becoming a regular thing for you)...you completely missed or ignored the point. Replace cars with ANY other luxury brand item (iPhones for example) and you have the same principal and point being portrayed. You said you don't have any "talent" (whatever that means) in cars, but if we are to equate talent with knowledge, you haven't portrayed any knowledge in smart phones or business for that matter, but you continue talking about it as if you're an expert. I don't see why you'd stop at cars...seems an awfully weird and random place to draw the line when your knowledge base is so shallow in other subjects at hand.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Apple has to focus on making the iPhone what it is, something that's a quality semi-high end, semi-luxury phone for people. Apple's stock and shares show that people do want that kind of a device. Apple makes more of these iPhones to meet demand.

If Apple can make their stock and shares rise to phenomenal heights with that strategy, why would they change it? Why would you want it changed?
They aren changing it, that is the point I keep making but everyone keeps missing. They can still make high end iPhones this is just another iPhone just cheaper off contract. What is the issue there?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They aren changing it, that is the point I keep making but everyone keeps missing. They can still make high end iPhones this is just another iPhone just cheaper off contract. What is the issue there?

Because in order to make a cheaper phone off-contract they'd have to sacrifice the high-endness of the device itself. You seem to not want to accept that as a point against your wanting a cheap iPhone. It is not going to change. Apple wants to sell people shiny new devices and make a huge profit. They have stockholders to worry about.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You didn't click that link you're referencing about the hiring or luxury and fashion consultants did you?

And I most certainly did provide links...you apparently ignored them or missed them (which wouldn't be surprising since you seem to miss most points in this thread too).

As far as my car question to you, again (this is becoming a regular thing for you)...you completely missed or ignored the point. Replace cars with ANY other luxury brand item (iPhones for example) and you have the same principal and point being portrayed. You said you don't have any "talent" (whatever that means) in cars, but if we are to equate talent with knowledge, you haven't portrayed any knowledge in smart phones or business for that matter, but you continue talking about it as if you're an expert. I don't see why you'd stop at cars...seems an awfully weird and random place to draw the line when your knowledge base is so shallow in other subjects at hand.
Okay, you can't seem to say anything without being rude and condescending. Again, relax. Stop talking to me like I am a child, I am a grown man, if you can't make a clear point without again trying to say something rude, then you have no business in this thread.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It is another oppurtonity for Apple themselves to stake claim in low cost devices. If you put a device with an Apple logo vs an unknown Android device, which would someone get?

YOU think it's a good idea, therefore it must be a good idea right? Why are they even paying these guys making six figures at Apple who make these decisions when we have A895 making them for free online, and obviously has a deeper understanding of it! They could be saving millions!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

An iPhone 6 16GB off-contract costs about 649 dollars, that's acceptable by today's standards...

How much lower do you want it to go? Below the Moto X 2014 ? Where would be the cut-off line, at which we would say that is cheap enough? Companies price their phones according to demand. Simple economics...

If Apple wants to price those phones far less, they have to produce some good reasons as to why...Currently they have none so it's really pointless to keep wanting those kind of prices...

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Because in order to make a cheaper phone off-contract they'd have to sacrifice the high-endness of the device itself. You seem to not want to accept that as a point against your wanting a cheap iPhone. It is not going to change. Apple wants to sell people shiny new devices and make a huge profit. They have stockholders to worry about.

I said that already too. You missed that I suppose.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
YOU think it's a good idea, therefore it must be a good idea right? Why are they even paying these guys making six figures at Apple who make these decisions when we have A895 making them for free online, and obviously has a deeper understanding of it! They could be saving millions!

Stop being rude.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
An iPhone 6 16GB off-contract costs about 649 dollars, that's acceptable even by today's standards...

How much lower do you want it to go? Below the Moto X 2014 ? Where would be the cut-off line, at which we would say that is cheap enough? Companies price their phones according to demand. Simple economics...

If Apple wants to price those phones far less, they have to produce some good reasons as to why...Currently they have none so it's really pointless to keep wanting those kind of prices...

Okay, you missed the entire point of this thread. My point is Apple can expand into third world countries, with a low cost iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR