Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I said they weren't made out of aluminum and glass, you brought up their prices.

No, you did. "Cost effective."

The flagship iPhones at that time that were made with plastic were only $50 cheaper starting price than now.

You would like a low-cost iPhone that would need even cheaper materials than those that you brought up.

And the iPhone has always had glass. Would you want them to make a plastic screen?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Again you are trying to prove your definition of a luxury item, Apple products agent luxury, maybe premium, but no luxury tier. REAL luxury tier.

What the holy hell are you talking about bud? Is this just completely flying over your head?

Words synonymous with "Luxury"...indulgence, nonessential, treat, extra, frill. Apple does not sell a product to fill a "need", they sell a product that fills a "want", an "indulgence", a nonessential piece of technology that, once again, could be replaced by a lower tier phone when it comes to basic functionality and demand, but is successful because it gives you something "extra", it gives you some smart phone "frill".

This isn't my definition...this is the standard definition of luxury my friend. I'm sorry that you still fail to see this, and it has become excessively boring to continue to try to get you to understand this basic, general definition.

Trust me...in my OWN definition of luxury, the iPhone barely even qualifies. I've spent more on mineral water in the last year than I have Apple products.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No, you did. "Cost effective."

The flagship iPhones at that time that were made with plastic were only $50 cheaper starting price than now.

You would like a low-cost iPhone that would need even cheaper materials than those that you brought up.

And the iPhone has always had glass. Would you want them to make a plastic screen?

They can do that, a lot of smartphones used plastic screens. Plastic casing and glass screen won't be expensive at all, it all depends on how much low quality Apple would make it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They can do that, a lot of smartphones used plastic screens. Plastic casing and glass screen won't be expensive at all, it all depends on how much low quality Apple would make it.

I don't think I could even give a phone with a plastic screen to a bum on the streets these days.

You have to be kidding me.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What the holy hell are you talking about bud? Is this just completely flying over your head?

Words synonymous with "Luxury"...indulgence, nonessential, treat, extra, frill. Apple does not sell a product to fill a "need", they sell a product that fills a "want", an "indulgence", a nonessential piece of technology that, once again, could be replaced by a lower tier phone when it comes to basic functionality and demand, but is successful because it gives you something "extra", it gives you some smart phone "frill".

This isn't my definition...this is the standard definition of luxury my friend. I'm sorry that you still fail to see this, and it has become excessively boring to continue to try to get you to understand this basic, general definition.

Trust me...in my OWN definition of luxury, the iPhone barely even qualifies. I've spent more on mineral water in the last year than I have Apple products.

You described luxury, and then disqualified it as luxury and still say I am wrong when I say it isn't luxury. Wut? I said exactly they aren't luxury products and you are agreeing with me, what is the issue?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You described luxury, and then disqualified it as luxury and still say I am wrong when I say it isn't luxury. Wut? I said exactly they aren't luxury products and you are agreeing with me, what is the issue?

It's ok to admit you were wrong...you don't have to try to get all weird and post things that make absolutely no sense.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There is no need to attack me. It is a friendly discussion on petty to topics, why does it always fall to insults around here?

I'm not attacking you, just making an observation. Attacking you would be me calling you bat sh*t crazy...like that last post you made to me sounded.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Which makes it not in the same class as an iPhone.
Well duh, it is a $29 smartphone. The iPhone can be any price Apple wants it to be. A low cost iPhone can be less than $300 and have a glass screen, it is all up to Apple on that point.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you not read what you just put?

I wrote it, so of course I read it.

How is it crazy?

It's crazy because I defined luxury to you, and showed you how it applies to Apple's products...and your retort was trying to convince me that I was agreeing with you? Makes absolutely no sense bud. Apple is a luxury brand, and I showed you why. So far, all you've done is said "No it's not.", gave some strange personal opinion on what the word "luxury" actually means, and then went completely off the wall and tried to say I was actually saying the same thing you are, which I am not.

Bat...Sh*t...Crazy.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I wrote it, so of course I read it.

It's crazy because I defined luxury to you, and showed you how it applies to Apple's products...and your retort was trying to convince me that I was agreeing with you? Makes absolutely no sense bud. Apple is a luxury brand, and I showed you why. So far, all you've done is said "No it's not.", gave some strange personal opinion on what the word "luxury" actually means, and then went completely off the wall and tried to say I was actually saying the same thing you are, which I am not.

Bat...Sh*t...Crazy.

Not crazy, you keep trying to convince yourself a $600 smartphone is luxury when every other high end device is the same price. It is your perception of what luxury is.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen