I will personally avenge Foleys death!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I never seriously considered joining the military until ISIS beheaded the innocent James Foley. Now I'm going to join the Air Force as soon as I can! I will personally see to it that I kill at least 10 ISIS sobs to avenge Foley!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I never seriously considered joining the military until ISIS beheaded the innocent James Foley. Now I'm going to join the Air Force as soon as I can! I will personally see to it that I kill at least 10 ISIS sobs to avenge Foley!

I applaud your desire and passion...but before you give your life to the government for several years at least, think about what YOU can get out of it, and not what you can do while in there. The entire service is based on two things...serving your country, and coming out ahead of where you were when you went in. If you feel there's nothing but anger and blood lust on your mind, you should sit down and have a heart to heart with your brain to figure out if this is actually a good idea. We make some of the worst mistakes of our lives in the heat of passion.

That said, if you truly decide to serve, good luck to you and come home safely and sane.

Also, to add some perspective on this...James Foley was considered a "front line journalist", or essentially, a journalist that goes into combat zones and other areas of serious danger and risk, and does various types of journalistic duties. He was captured once before and released...so while he was certainly not deserving of his ultimate fate, he definitely tempted it. Innocent? Technically yes, but he was not just some part of the media world who was scooped up randomly and unbeknownst to himself. He used a different kind of weapon...firing at ISIS with cameras and notation rather than bullets and missiles.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I applaud your desire and passion...but before you give your life to the government for several years at least, think about what YOU can get out of it, and not what you can do while in there. The entire service is based on two things...serving your country, and coming out ahead of where you were when you went in. If you feel there's nothing but anger and blood lust on your mind, you should sit down and have a heart to heart with your brain to figure out if this is actually a good idea. We make some of the worst mistakes of our lives in the heat of passion.

That said, if you truly decide to serve, good luck to you and come home safely and sane.

Also, to add some perspective on this...James Foley was considered a "front line journalist", or essentially, a journalist that goes into combat zones and other areas of serious danger and risk, and does various types of journalistic duties. He was captured once before and released...so while he was certainly not deserving of his ultimate fate, he definitely tempted it. Innocent? Technically yes, but he was not just some part of the media world who was scooped up randomly and unbeknownst to himself. He used a different kind of weapon...firing at ISIS with cameras and notation rather than bullets and missiles.

Hey man, I just remembered about my post and decided to follow up: that is some wonderful advice you gave there! I've decided to go to college(I'm in my senior year of high school now; I'll be starting college next August) and I'll go from there. I need to build my body more, and since I'm attending college in Pensacola Florida, I'll be in a military town. I'm seriously considering going for the special forces or special ops. But I would need to do some considerable body building for that. I also am equally drown to the Air Force, but I'd need to wait till I have my bachelors degree for that. We'll see

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro