Desktop site vs. Tapatalk/iMore forums app

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The long and short of it is that I've found I prefer to read the forums from a mobile app as opposed to the desktop site unless I'm searching for something. Anybody else feel the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the full desktop site when on my Mac or iPad mini (although I will from time to time use Tapatalk on my iPad in portrait). When on my phone, I use Tapatalk or the iMore app.

Davingtons

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I usually prefer using the full desktop site. I prefer the desktop site purely because I can see more on the screen that way.

When I'm away from my computer, I use the iMore app.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The long and short of it is that I've found I prefer to read the forums from a mobile app as opposed to the desktop site unless I'm searching for something. Anybody else feel the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mumfoau :)
I also prefer the iMore mobile app or on occasion I will use tapatalk.
With the mobile app you aren't pestered with advertisers.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I prefer to use Tapatalk Pro. I had used the iMore forums app until a few months ago, when I had trouble receiving notifications.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi mumfoau :)
I also prefer the iMore mobile app or on occasion I will use tapatalk.
With the mobile app you aren't pestered with advertisers.

+1. I prefer the iMore app as well on my 5C or Air because on the Mac those ads are SOOOO ANNOYING !!

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use both the iMore app and TapaTalk. I like TapaTalk for the dark theme. It's easier on my tired old eyes. I mostly use the iMore app to post photos without the TapaTalk watermark.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I need the browser to do the advanced moderation things, so that's what I am on for iPad, iPhone etc,

Occasionally, I see what's new on Tapatalk but that's only rarely.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've almost forgot what the site looks like, tbh. Even on my MiniR, I use Tapatalk. And, since I travel a lot, my phone and iPad are nearly always what I'm on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR