Do you prefer a desktop or laptop computer?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys prefer to use a laptop or desktop computer? Personally, I prefer a laptop for my computing needs. What about you?

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
While I prefer a laptop for its mobility and convenience, but a desktop has a much better performance compared to a laptop if they are in the same price range.

When you're still a student, every penny counts.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I've got them both, connected to a desktop monitor via a KVM switch. Macbook Pro and a Dell desktop. Hit the scroll lock button twice and you can switch OSs just like that.

digital-ray

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with my MacBook pro for now, but if I had the money I would get both, as a desktop computer has much more power, plus the larger screen is nice.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Desktop since I mainly play games on it and it's easier to change parts or clean it as needed.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If I could only have one, it would definitely be a laptop...no question.

We have a Mac Pro in our house that serves a multitude of function (including being my wife's main work place at home)...it also supports a home entertainment network. These things would be difficult to do with a laptop as the Mac Pro has a ton of stuff connected to it at any given time (hard drives, accessories, camera equipment, etc). Having the extra USB inputs allows it to be a sort of hub. My Macbook Pro could not accomplish this, having only 2 USB inputs.

The positives of having the laptop though, for me, outweigh any of that because it is mobile. That is the defined function that keeps it my preference.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a laptop, due to the mobility and versatility! At home, I connect my MBP to a Thunderbolt Display for the larger screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative