Help me with my heartburn

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
So I've developed heartburn over the last 5 or 6 years I guess. It's gotten progressively worse over the last 6 months or so, to the point that's it is so bad, that I spend a few hours a night throwing up in the throne. I've been on several medications for it and that doesn't seem to help that much. Is this normal, anyone know? I know I can't take much more of it.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear this and I know how much it sucks. My son had issues like this and we finally found what was going on with him after quite a long time. Have you been to a GI yet, or do you see your regular internist? Have you had an endoscopy yet? After all the meds you've tried, you need to make sure that your insides are free of issues. What meds have you tried? I'm unfortunately a bit of an expert on this so if you have any questions, let me know. :)

Last edited:

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Definitely encourage you to get this checked out ASAP. I know acidic foods trigger heartburn for me. I'm not a physician, but the symptoms you have described don't sound normal, and can relate as I've dealt with other stuff that causes bad bouts like yours. I'd like to think I'm a tough guy and in shape, but this kind of stuff can knock down anyone. Hope you can get to the bottom of this :)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Go to a gastroenterologist ASAP. In fact, I'd almost go to the ER if you're barfing like that. That's not good for your esophagus. You need to get an upper endoscopy to rule out an ulcer. I take a reflux medication that's pretty hardcore, and was hell to get covered, but I've literally taken EVERYTHING ELSE, and this is the first one that finally helped. One thing i will say, is that you need to lose weight, and they'll tell you that. Unless you're tiny already. But that's something they're going to tell you if you're even an ounce overweight.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
So I've developed heartburn over the last 5 or 6 years I guess. It's gotten progressively worse over the last 6 months or so, to the point that's it is so bad, that I spend a few hours a night throwing up in the throne. I've been on several medications for it and that doesn't seem to help that much. Is this normal, anyone know? I know I can't take much more of it.

You need some S.O.S.(chipped beef on toast). It should tighten you right up. Seriously, my oldest girl is a Forensic Pathologist, and she's thinking ulcer. Get it checked out, asap. :p

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, if it IS and it ruptures, your life will get a hell of a lot worse. Get thee to a dr, like now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly man, as someone who suffered from severe acid reflux and heart burn for about 7 years earlier in my life...you have to change your diet, the times you eat and you have to lose weight. There are things that I love that I simply cannot eat anymore (without accepting that I'll have heart burn badly afterwards)...for instance, I absolutely love onions, but I can't make my body agree with them, regardless of my physical shape. Another that I have that really sucks is OJ...my doctor thought I had an ulcer, but after being checked, had none...OJ stills kills me at times, especially if I drink it late at night.

I got up to about 260lbs in my mid 20's, and then started really hitting the gym and running, and now I maintain around 220lbs (6'4 and have always been large framed). My acid reflux and heart burn almost all but went away when I started working out and eating better. Also, I never eat dinner after 9pm if I can help it, that has helped a lot as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711