• Yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
We have a thread here about the updated Microsoft logo.

Does Apple need an updated logo too?

Please answer the poll and explain what you think in a post.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see an updated Apple logo to go along with the UI update in iOS 7. Since Apple updated the appearance of iOS 7, giving it a new fresh look, I think consumers would also consider Apple as a company to be fresh and innovative if the Apple logo itself were updated.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it is fine the way it is. It is already very simplistic, yet stylish and immediately recognizable. Apple has worked hard for that logo to stand for something... Why throw that all away?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Why would you do that? Does McDonalds or Coca Cola change their logos? You can update the product or in this case the iOS, but I wouldn't touch the logo.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Why would you do that? Does McDonalds or Coca Cola change their logos? You can update the product or in this case the iOS, but I wouldn't touch the logo.
McDonald's has changed its logo many times. In fact there have been 3 changes since the 80s. Under the Golden Arches: McDonald’s Logos through The Years Slideshow | Slideshow | The Daily Meal

The Coca-Cola logo was changed in 2007. From Wikipedia: "In 2007, the company's logo on cans and bottles changed. The cans and bottles retained the red color and familiar typeface, but the design was simplified, leaving only the logo and a plain white swirl (the "dynamic ribbon")." Coca-Cola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to the UK site, the Coca-Cola logo has changed throughout its history. The History of the Coca‑Cola Logo | Coca‑Cola Logo Font : 125 - Coca-Cola GB

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

No, but the logo looks nice, clean, and you instantly know what you're getting when you see that delicious little Apple.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Updating a well recognized and long standing logo is very, very tricky. It can backfire like nothing else and if something isn't broken, do not attempt to fix it. It can work for a company that is not well recognized but for Apple, it might not be a good idea to mess with that thing that people are so comfortable with. From a popularity standpoint, you can see that the logo is doing quite well. "Simple and Timeless" is the way to go and I think the Apple logo is just that.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I voted yes simply because if you ask me if I think it should be changed that would be my answer. It would be nice to see a subtle chane that would update it a bit. I don't want them to change the logo to something entirely different but add a little shine to it somehow.

If you ask me could it be changed then I would say no. Like everyone said it is so iconic and recognizable plus it embodies everything that Apple strives for in their devices it's great that it has all that. It is simple yet recognizable and has a substance to it. So changing it would be a tremendous amount of pressure for whoever was tasked with the change. It would also be a huge chance for a mis-step which would be news worldwide. The difference between the Apple logo and the Windows logos is that everything at Microsoft is muddy. The direction of the company no one knows what the company is all about. Is it software, hardware, everything just seems to have no direction.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
IMHO.......NO. I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw and if I didn't see the bitten apple I wouldn't know what to look for .....SMILE

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I voted yes simply because if you ask me if I think it should be changed that would be my answer. It would be nice to see a subtle chane that would update it a bit. I don't want them to change the logo to something entirely different but add a little shine to it somehow.

If you ask me could it be changed then I would say no. Like everyone said it is so iconic and recognizable plus it embodies everything that Apple strives for in their devices it's great that it has all that. It is simple yet recognizable and has a substance to it. So changing it would be a tremendous amount of pressure for whoever was tasked with the change. It would also be a huge chance for a mis-step which would be news worldwide. The difference between the Apple logo and the Windows logos is that everything at Microsoft is muddy. The direction of the company no one knows what the company is all about. Is it software, hardware, everything just seems to have no direction.

IMHO.......NO. I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw and if I didn't see the bitten apple I wouldn't know what to look for .....SMILE

What about keeping the same shape but altering the colour?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Not only do they not, they should not. It's simple, clean, effective and world recognized. There's no need to create confusion in the marketplace.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR