Hello iMore,

Where were you when you met your first iPhone?

I was at work and a customer came in and sat down with his, he couldn't put it down and I could stop drooling. He was kind enough to show me some of the features (he wouldn't let me hold it though) ... That was actually on launch day, and a month later I switched from Verizon to AT&T to pick up one of my own.
    11-20-2013 01:05 PM
    I met my first iPhone when my son got his 4S. I was a BlackBerry girl at that time but really liked playing with his phone when he would let me. LOL. It took me a few years to switch over to the other side.
    11-20-2013 03:39 PM
    My first iPhone encounter was in a seedy bathroom stall in a NY train station she was sexy smudgy and I placed my hands on her home screen📲

Then I woke up😏

Seriously I bought an iPhone 3 for 45 dollars had it jailbroken and unlocked for my Mom
    Where were you when you met your first iPhone?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1384991512.143198.jpg

🍺🍻🍸🍹🍷

Sent from my iPhone 5
    11-20-2013 06:55 PM
    LOLZ! I saw them around but no-one I knew had one. I met my first iPhone in person on launch day of the iPhone 4. It was so easy and fun to use I took it home that day from the Bell store!
    kataran likes this.
    11-26-2013 12:10 PM
    Was working for a local PD and was providing armed security for a UPS store that was receiving a shipment in (they were right next to a Cingular Wireless)...walked over (huge line outside) and asked them if it was the new iPhone they were checking in and the guy said yeah! And told me to come check it out...went inside, and it was awesome. As soon as I held it in my hand I knew I wanted one, so I asked him if the line was done and they had anymore if I could grab one and he was like "We have enough for the line..." and went ahead and processed mine through...he just asked that I keep it in my bag I had with me so that other people didn't see, they even celebrated the "first" guy in line with a picture and stuff (though technically I was actually first, and we got a laugh out of that).

I had been reading and following the release before actually seeing it, so I was kind of already stoked about the idea...then I got it and was truly in love. I just remember being baffled that it couldn't send picture messages at that time...but I think it was revealed later that it was fully capable of doing such, it was simply Cingular/AT&T that was preventing it from doing so.
    kataran and iOS Gravity like this.
    12-04-2013 03:44 PM
    Was working for a local PD and was providing armed security for a UPS store that was receiving a shipment in (they were right next to a Cingular Wireless)...walked over (huge line outside) and asked them if it was the new iPhone they were checking in and the guy said yeah! And told me to come check it out...went inside, and it was awesome. As soon as I held it in my hand I knew I wanted one, so I asked him if the line was done and they had anymore if I could grab one and he was like "We have enough for the line..." and went ahead and processed mine through...he just asked that I keep it in my bag I had with me so that other people didn't see, they even celebrated the "first" guy in line with a picture and stuff (though technically I was actually first, and we got a laugh out of that).

I had been reading and following the release before actually seeing it, so I was kind of already stoked about the idea...then I got it and was truly in love. I just remember being baffled that it couldn't send picture messages at that time...but I think it was revealed later that it was fully capable of doing such, it was simply Cingular/AT&T that was preventing it from doing so.

Way to take advantage of the badge Sean 😜...Mine was working for AT&T when the iPhone 2G was originally released.
    12-04-2013 04:55 PM
    Way to take advantage of the badge Sean ...Mine was working for AT&T when the iPhone 2G was originally released.
    I do what I can.

Truthfully, I wasn't trying to...and I felt a little guilty...but just a little. LOL!
    12-05-2013 10:30 AM